The Student Room Group

Anthropology Applicants 2016!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Just got an offer from UCL for AAA :biggrin:
I have offers for UCL and Manchester ..I'm applying after a gap year, so I have my grades meaning the offers are unconditional. I got A*AB last year. I'm waiting to hear from LSE, SOAS and Sussex.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 22
Hi! I applied for Manchester, Sussex, UoA and Aberdeen. I've had offers from the first three but still waiting for Aberdeen. It's going to be so hard to make up my mind!
I've got an unconditional from sussex (but only if i firm them) should i pick them over my AAB offer from Exeter? I'm really not sure if i'll get the grades. But if i get an offer from Edinburgh i'll pick it over the rest! Any Edinburgh offers for anyone yet??
Original post by lolly129
Just got an offer from UCL for AAA :biggrin:

Do you think you'll firm UCL? I am struggling to decide between UCL and Manchester because London is so expensive!
Has anyone heard back from Edinburgh yet? Or Durham? I got a conditional to Manchester and unconditionals to St Andrews and Sussex which I'm really happy with! :smile: But these last two are really the deciders and the wait is killing me!
Reply 26
I have no idea what happened by TSR logged me in as Morrissey99 when the only login details are the ones to this account? Either way I'm reposting so I get the notifications just in case!

Has anyone heard back from Edinburgh yet? Or Durham? I got a conditional to Manchester and unconditionals to St Andrews and Sussex which I'm really happy with! :smile: But these last two are really the deciders and the wait is killing me!
Original post by pollysel97
I have no idea what happened by TSR logged me in as Morrissey99 when the only login details are the ones to this account? Either way I'm reposting so I get the notifications just in case!

I heard back from Durham after about a month - mind you this was Nov/Dec time so if you applied more recently it may take longer due to the deadline rush.

Congrats on your offers so far! :smile:

I'm waiting on Bristol - so far they've taken more than twice as long as any of my other choices (Durham was the fourth offer I got, after Exeter, Kent and UCL) and honestly at this point I'm more bored than anything else, especially as unless Bristol really wow me on the post-offer day (assuming I get an offer) I probably won't accept.
I applied to LSE, UCL, Edinburgh, Durham and Manchester after a gap year, got an offer from UCL and Manchester and a reject from LSE. But I'll definitely go for UCL!
Original post by M.Beeblebrox
I applied to LSE, UCL, Edinburgh, Durham and Manchester after a gap year, got an offer from UCL and Manchester and a reject from LSE. But I'll definitely go for UCL!

I think I'll see you there, then! ..and is that a Douglas Adams reference I notice in your username? :smile:
Original post by smoothER
I think I'll see you there, then! ..and is that a Douglas Adams reference I notice in your username? :smile:

That's right! 😁 I am so excited! Although I'll have to seriously reconsider my financial situation since I'm going to London 😕
That's right! 😁 I am so excited! Although I'll have to seriously reconsider my financial situation since I'm going to London 😕

Yeah me too... I think it'll be worth it though and there's so much free stuff to do! Are you applying to halls for accomodation?

I'm planning on firming UCL as well!
Reply 33
Has anyone heard from Durham recently?
I got offers from UCL and Manchester and I can't really make up my mind either
Reply 34
Someone on another thread I made has heard back from Durham for the BA course. What college did you apply to? Or does that not really affect the response time, do you know?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pollysel97
Someone on another thread I made has heard back from Durham for the BA course. What college did you apply to? Or does that not really affect the response time, do you know?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Ema97Jp
Has anyone heard from Durham recently?
I got offers from UCL and Manchester and I can't really make up my mind either

I got an offer for the BA course at Durham back in December :smile:

Colleges are only allocated after offers are made - they don't affect your offer or the response time at all.
Reply 36
Yeah I don't even think I put a specific college in the application so I don't think that makes any difference
Thank you though!

Is anyone else here an international student?
I have an offer for Anthropology and Sociology! I got my offer in late December and now I'm just waiting to hear back from a college :smile:
Original post by smoothER
Yeah me too... I think it'll be worth it though and there's so much free stuff to do! Are you applying to halls for accomodation?

Haven't decided yet, actually. I already have some friends in London, who want to live with me, but then dorms would probably be better to get to know people.. I can't decide really. You?
Original post by rachel x
I'm planning on firming UCL as well!

Congratulations! Haha, I didn't expect to find so many people! I'm pretty confused about this site, is there a way to send a pm?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending