The Student Room Group

New A levels- how will unis make offers

Im kind of confused how unis will make their offers with the new a levels where it is all taken at the end of year 13. My school isnt allowing us to sit any AS this year meaning there will be nothing for unis to base their offers off except predicted grades and mock results?? could someone explain the process to me
I dont think the process in which you apply to universty will change much. You do mock exams at the end of the year similar to the AS exams and your predictions will be based mainly on them. Universities will take into account your A-level predictions, GCSEs, Personal statement and reference when considering your application.

But I think now GCSEs my play a slightly bigger role in your application.
Basically it's going to be more difficult for them. I'd imagine more weighting on (I)GCSE results, references and personal statement due to lack of AS grades and the fact that A-level grades are going to be harder to accurately predict as a result. Some unis/uni colleges might also introduce entrance tests.
Original post by Daniel9998
I dont think the process in which you apply to universty will change much. You do mock exams at the end of the year similar to the AS exams and your predictions will be based mainly on them. Universities will take into account your A-level predictions, GCSEs, Personal statement and reference when considering your application.

But I think now GCSEs my play a slightly bigger role in your application.

oh no thats not good news haha
Original post by poppyrobbins
oh no thats not good news haha

Yeh luckily I did my AS last year before they changed it :smile: Im sure youll be fine, good luck

Quick Reply

Latest