The Student Room Group
Leeds Arts University
Leeds Arts University
Leeds

has anyone received an unconditional offer for illustration in leeds art uni?

hi so i was just wondering if any here has received an unconditional offer for illustration in leeds art? i received a conditional offer yesterday and ngl i am a bit upset, but im also very appreciative that i was given an offer in the first place as i have heard that its competitive!!! i just wish i couldve done better!!!!
Universities aren’t allowed to give unconditional offers to applicants who are still studying their level 3 qualifications.

Do you think you can meet the conditions?
Leeds Arts University
Leeds Arts University
Leeds
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Universities aren’t allowed to give unconditional offers to applicants who are still studying their level 3 qualifications.

Do you think you can meet the conditions?
aa im a bit confused then as i have been given 2 unconditional offers from other unis so far ;;;;;;; level 3 qualifications are a-level right? i am currently studying them rn
Original post by shortbreaddog
aa im a bit confused then as i have been given 2 unconditional offers from other unis so far ;;;;;;; level 3 qualifications are a-level right? i am currently studying them rn

Which universities was that?

Seems like they are desperate if they’re breaking the rules on making unconditional offers to people who haven’t finished their A levels.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Which universities was that?

Seems like they are desperate if they’re breaking the rules on making unconditional offers to people who haven’t finished their A levels.
nottingham and derby, but i'm so sure its allowed??? im applying through ucas if that makes sense of anything?
nottingham and derby, but i'm so sure its allowed??? im applying through ucas if that makes sense of anything?

https://www.officeforstudents.org.uk/news-blog-and-events/press-and-media/universities-must-avoid-using-unconditional-offers-to-put-pressure-on-students-says-office-for-students/

UCAS don’t stop it but it’s against the regulator rules to make unconditional offers to applicants who don’t already have level 3 qualifications.

Any university making these offers is
- desperate for student
- places their own finances above what is best for their applicants and students

(and therefore in my opinion best avoided).

Unconditional offers aren’t a good thing. There’s a whole bunch of research showing that those offers lead to lower level 3 results and increased chances of dropping out or getting a poor result in your degree.
hi so i was just wondering if any here has received an unconditional offer for illustration in leeds art? i received a conditional offer yesterday and ngl i am a bit upset, but im also very appreciative that i was given an offer in the first place as i have heard that its competitive!!! i just wish i couldve done better!!!!
Hi @shortbreaddog, congratulations on your offer! Don’t worry, we don’t make unconditional offers to anyone until they meet our entry requirements. When you get your results, as long as you meet our minimum entry requirements, your offer will automatically be changed to unconditional on UCAS. Hope this helps.

In the meantime, don’t forget to book your place at one of our offer holder days, to get to know more about your course and the University. It's a great opportunity to chat with current students and tutors, and meet other offer holders. The link to book your place will be in your offer email.

Let me know if you have any more questions 😊

You might want to speak to your college/school and ask them to write to both universities about this.
They've both signed up to https://www.universitiesuk.ac.uk/what-we-do/policy-and-research/publications/fair-admissions-code-practice which states "They should also avoid applying pressure through their offer making practices, including by avoiding the use of ‘conditional unconditional’ offers, restricting the use of unconditional offers to specific circumstances, and using incentives appropriately and transparently."
Original post by LeedsArtUniRep
Hi @shortbreaddog, congratulations on your offer! Don’t worry, we don’t make unconditional offers to anyone until they meet our entry requirements. When you get your results, as long as you meet our minimum entry requirements, your offer will automatically be changed to unconditional on UCAS. Hope this helps.
In the meantime, don’t forget to book your place at one of our offer holder days, to get to know more about your course and the University. It's a great opportunity to chat with current students and tutors, and meet other offer holders. The link to book your place will be in your offer email.
Let me know if you have any more questions 😊

Hey
I have got my condition letter in November for MA International Journalism and I completed my minimum entry requirements and submitted a month back I guess!
Haven’t heard till now for unconditional offer letter, can you please let me know about how much time does it normally take University of Leeds to provide an offer letter?
Original post by shrutimishra2807
Hey
I have got my condition letter in November for MA International Journalism and I completed my minimum entry requirements and submitted a month back I guess!
Haven’t heard till now for unconditional offer letter, can you please let me know about how much time does it normally take University of Leeds to provide an offer letter?
Hi,

Thank you for your message. We are Leeds Arts University and a separate institution to the University of Leeds but I have copied below a link to the University of Leeds website for you to find the right place of contact. Good luck :smile: !

https://www.leeds.ac.uk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending