The Student Room Group

BAD A-Levels

So yh I did Economics Maths and Computer Science.

I regret it now because they were extremely hard and it has come to bite me.

So basically I wanna blame the school because we literally finished content for Computer Science and Maths literally 25 days b4 my real exam. But I should of knew that I was gonna struggle the most in my class.

I am predicting that I am gonna get CCD/CDD/CDE/DDD.

The goods news is that I got an unconditional offer at Uni of Roehampton London. So I def got a spot.

I wanna study accounting.

What option is best for me.

I repeat yr13 I am scared that I will go through that anxiety that I think I have developed during exam pressure and I wont make massive improvement. So will be a waste of a year.

Go to university but do a foundation year. IDK if I will benefit from it as its basically A-Level knowledge so it might be a waste of time and money.

Go immediately to first year but do a placement year and many other things to make my CV to stand up to compensate my disadvantage. Also tryna get the highest grade I can at my degree.

So wanna know once I get my degree will employees care about A-Levels.

Will my A-Levels impact me from getting a placement year.

I would personally go to first year.
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by zayn_24
So yh I did Economics Maths and Computer Science.

I regret it now because they were extremely hard and it has come to bite me.

So basically I wanna blame the school because we literally finished content for Computer Science and Maths literally 25 days b4 my real exam. But I should of knew that I was gonna struggle the most in my class.

I am predicting that I am gonna get CCD/CDD/CDE/DDD.

The goods news is that I got an unconditional offer at Uni of Roehampton London. So I def got a spot.

I wanna study accounting.

What option is best for me.

I repeat yr13 I am scared that I will go through that anxiety that I think I have developed during exam pressure and I wont make massive improvement. So will be a waste of a year.

Go to university but do a foundation year. IDK if I will benefit from it as its basically A-Level knowledge so it might be a waste of time and money.

Go immediately to first year but do a placement year and many other things to make my CV to stand up to compensate my disadvantage. Also tryna get the highest grade I can at my degree.

So wanna know once I get my degree will employees care about A-Levels.

Will my A-Levels impact me from getting a placement year.

I would personally go to first year.

Congratulations on your offer! Its worth pointing out that the grades you get are based on how difficult the exam was on a national level, if everyone found it hard the grade boundaries will reflect that.
From my experience, once you have a degree, it doesn't really matter what your A Level grades were before that, generally employers will look at your degree classification.
A foundation year is just 2 years worth of A Level content crammed into 1 year, if you have a particular uni you want you want to get into, it might be worth looking into if you don't get the grades you need

Do you not want to go to the uni you have an offer from?
Reply 2
IDK how it was.

I just feel like I have done bad on them.

I am happy with the university that has given me an unconditional offer.

Will bad a levels impact my chances of getting a placement.
Original post by zayn_24
IDK how it was.

I just feel like I have done bad on them.

I am happy with the university that has given me an unconditional offer.

Will bad a levels impact my chances of getting a placement.

I'm not sure how placements work with accounting. I beleive it is up to the university to provide experience in the field so if you get in to university they should provide placements if it's part of the course
Reply 4
Original post by spectrum84
I'm not sure how placements work with accounting. I beleive it is up to the university to provide experience in the field so if you get in to university they should provide placements if it's part of the course

I will ask to get some info but they provide placement for every course they offer.

Quick Reply

Latest