The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Legit
Ok - all who need help, except kdizzle97 - please feel free to message me.

Thank you all.

check your inbox
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by Legit
To all who have messaged me, it has been a fantastic opportunity to help you guys. Wish you to very best with getting offers. Please continue to PM me any questions you may have.

Spoiler

How many people messaged you?
I'm sure when KCL hears of this leak they will just change the questions

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thechemistress

dw, he aint told no-one, he's not on it

Just report user again. Enough reports may lead to a ban
Original post by Legit
Don't be daft, you think they'd give a crap?!

Medical applicants have wild dreams with medical admissions. Lol at the lady earlier saying all interviews must be suspended.

FYI - if you think there are people out there who going interviews without knowing every single question that will come up including pictures, graphs, everything - you are wrong. People are heavily preped and many people know people within admissions.

Thats true id say 40% have an idea what to expect and about 15% know everything about the interview
Hey guys...

I just wanted to point out that everything that was mentioned above regarding what it is in the Kings interview was mentioned at a Kings lecture on the 8th of February (last week).

I have notes to prove it, and although it seems unfair to those yet to be interviewed, Kings didn't actually hide any of this.

There were students who were in their 3rd and 4th years who told us there was a picture station, ethical station etc. So if you think it's an unfair, there were 200-300 (if not more) of us sat listening, and this was 3 days prior to my interview. I actually don't think OP said anything that wasn't said by Kings on that day? I think 🤔

P.S I am not an accomplice of OP...just been interviewed at Kings like majority of you guys...figured I should point this out!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Annettee
Hey guys...

I just wanted to point out that everything that was mentioned above regarding what it is in the Kings interview was mentioned at a Kings lecture on the 8th of February (last week).

I have notes to prove it, and although it seems unfair to those yet to be interviewed, Kings didn't actually hide any of this.

There were students who were in their 3rd and 4th years who told us there was a picture station, ethical station etc. So if you think it's an unfair, there were 200-300 (if not more) of us sat listening, and this was 3 days prior to my interview. I actually don't think OP said anything that wasn't said by Kings on that day? I think 🤔

P.S I am not an accomplice of OP...just been interviewed at Kings like majority of you guys...figured I should point this out!

Posted from TSR Mobile

So you're telling me that King's gave details of each station and exactly what would come up, including details of the axis of a graph that they used in a station? Right, okay. I still don't see how that is fair - those of us interviewed in December/January didn't get that information.
What lecture was this?
(edited 8 years ago)
So you're telling me that King's gave details of each station and exactly what would come up, including details of the axis of a graph that they used in a station? Right, okay. I still don't see how that is fair - those of us interviewed in December/January didn't get that information.
What lecture was this?

Hey,

There were King's students who gave a presentation.
They told us all the stations that would come up...literally everything OP said.
The didn't tell us specific questions that would deffo come up or not, but we knew there was a picture station and an ethics station etc...

I promise I am not lying, I still have my notes!
It was an outreach lecture, so unless you signed up in for it, you wouldn't have been notified.

A lot of people in the room either were in year 12 and wanted an early start, in Year 13 and had an interview or didn't have an interview. Some people didnt even apply to King's! They just came for general medicine advice.

So yeah, I hope that clears anything up.

Edit:
No they didn't tell us like what was on the axis or anything.
But one of the students giving his presentation (3rd year edmp) said his interview was on glucose etc. He said to read up on diabetes and like be familiar with common illnesses etc.
(edited 8 years ago)
Hey,

There were King's students who gave a presentation.
They told us all the stations that would come up...literally everything OP said.
The didn't tell us specific questions that would deffo come up or not, but we knew there was a picture station and an ethics station etc...

I promise I am not lying, I still have my notes!
It was an outreach lecture, so unless you signed up in for it, you wouldn't have been notified.

A lot of people in the room either were in year 12 and wanted an early start, in Year 13 and had an interview or didn't have an interview. Some people didnt even apply to King's! They just came for general medicine advice.

So yeah, I hope that clears anything up.

No, I do believe you haha! I was just pointing out that @Legit went into a lot more detail than just saying that there was a picture station, an ethics station etc. If he'd given just a vague idea of what the stations were, there wouldn't be so much outrage. Did you see his post before it was deleted?

Why would I sign up for an outreach event that was after my interview? I just think it's slightly unfair that just because I happened to have an early interview (mid December), I lose out on the opportunity to get a better idea of the interview process. I went into my interview not knowing a thing about what would come up, as did many others. And now I hear that King's have actually organised an event to give other applicants an advantage? Just seems wrong to me.

Oh well, nothing I can do about it now. Glad the outreach lecture helped you and I hope you get in :h:
Original post by med_desperado
I am a driver.. So does having a car in London mean that you won't have to get public transport. I mean the transport in London is okay? Or is it a hassle?

East London I have heard is abit infamous for being abit secluded ? Is this true or is it sort of gossip lol

As someone who lives in the east I highly highly highly recommend taking public transport instead of driving into central London because a) congestion fees and b) traffic is a bitch. As for the east being secluded it depends on where you live I guess?!
Hey, I saw a screenshot of his post yes. But what he said (double checks..) was what I was told and I knew all of it going into my interview.

Yeah I completely get you. Basically you don't sign up for that particularly event, you sign up for all of Kings event during the course of the year and then they invite you to them. So for example two days after that one there was a lecture on prison medicine etc.

It's quite right, those who had interviews prior to the event were you could say disadvantaged. But can I just say (my interview was 3 days after that lecture) that knowing this probably made a marginal difference. And I know a marginal difference may be what gets you an offer and what doesn't...but like I had basically 2 months to prepare and I did all the general medicine stuff. This lecture just made me more informed, but I didn't change any of my responses as a result. It helped in just letting me know what to expect...although my preparation beforehand was pretty much sufficient.

I'm sorry and I hope that is somewhat helpful!

Posted from TSR MobileImageUploadedByStudent Room1455657934.799719.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, I saw a screenshot of his post yes. But what he said (double checks..) was what I was told and I knew all of it going into my interview.

Yeah I completely get you. Basically you don't sign up for that particularly event, you sign up for all of Kings event during the course of the year and then they invite you to them. So for example two days after that one there was a lecture on prison medicine etc.

It's quite right, those who had interviews prior to the event were you could say disadvantaged. But can I just say (my interview was 3 days after that lecture) that knowing this probably made a marginal difference. And I know a marginal difference may be what gets you an offer and what doesn't...but like I had basically 2 months to prepare and I did all the general medicine stuff. This lecture just made me more informed, but I didn't change any of my responses as a result. It helped in just letting me know what to expect...although my preparation beforehand was pretty much sufficient.

I'm sorry and I hope that is somewhat helpful!

Posted from TSR MobileImageUploadedByStudent Room1455657934.799719.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aha and when I was prepping for my interview I could find literally nothing about kings 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why would I sign up for an outreach event that was after my interview? I just think it's slightly unfair that just because I happened to have an early interview (mid December), I lose out on the opportunity to get a better idea of the interview process. I went into my interview not knowing a thing about what would come up, as did many others. And now I hear that King's have actually organised an event to give other applicants an advantage? Just seems wrong to me.

What date was the Outreach lecture and what date was your interview?

If you like, I can pass on this feedback to the Uni Admissions. Admittedly as you said, it's unfortunate that it won't help you out in any way, but for future reference this kinda stuff can prove useful.
Original post by Cbla98
Aha and when I was prepping for my interview I could find literally nothing about kings 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah the information on kings interview process was the vaguest of the uni's I applied to. Most MMI universities say what they assess at each station but when I emailed kings the only thing they would say is that there are 6 questions, not saying anything about what they are about..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MrDystopia

If you like, I can pass on this feedback to the Uni Admissions. Admittedly as you said, it's unfortunate that it won't help you out in any way, but for future reference this kinda stuff can prove useful.

Please do. I'm utterly shocked they would share stuff as specific as picture stations and specific graphs/medical conditions which could make a massive difference if they prepared focused on it compared to those of us who may have a general idea but isn't expecting it. Most of us are in similar situations and my interview was on the 5th February. I understand it is inevitable that a few would obtain access to the interview questions but blatantly sharing it (both the lecture and "Legit" ) really infuriates me.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by frankie107
Please do. I'm utterly shocked they would share stuff as specific as picture stations and specific graphs/medical conditions which could make a massive difference if they prepared focused on it compared to those of us who may have a general idea but isn't expecting it. Most of us are in similar situations and my interview was on the 5th February. I understand it is inevitable that a few would obtain access to the interview questions but blatantly sharing it (both the lecture and "Legit":wink: really infuriates me.

Hey,

Can I just make it clear that it was two Kings students giving THEIR recollection of THEIR interview process. So like they weren't saying "this is what is going to come up this year" but rather what they experienced 3 years ago. They 'students' gave us tips on what we should revise based from their knowledge and yeah we made notes. I don't know if that clears anything, but yeah they were not advertising in any way the questions for this year. They also did say that it may have changed for our years.

Posted from TSR Mobile
There will be no further discussion on the specifics of interviews in this thread from now on for the sake of trying to salvage some form of parity. Any discussion on it will be removed. Only general advice here will be allowed.
(edited 8 years ago)
Hey,

Can I just make it clear that it was two Kings students giving THEIR recollection of THEIR interview process. So like they weren't saying "this is what is going to come up this year" but rather what they experienced 3 years ago. They 'students' gave us tips on what we should revise based from their knowledge and yeah we made notes. I don't know if that clears anything, but yeah they were not advertising in any way the questions for this year. They also did say that it may have changed for our years.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I understand that you will want to defend them. However, wouldn't they have signed a confidential agreement on not sharing interview information too? I don't recall it saying that it expires after three years. Anyways these interview questions are obviously being reused yearly and so sharing it offers unfair advantages to certain candidates. I'm not trying to undermine your work as we all prepared very hard for this interview, albeit on different areas, but I'm just pointing out what I find inappropriate.
Original post by MrDystopia

My interview was on the 14th of December 2015 and the event was on the 8th of February 2016.

That would be great, thanks. Just nice to know that the same won't happen to next year's applicants :h:

Latest