The Student Room Group

Explore Strong Emotion in Shakespeare's King Lear and Romeo and Juliet

I have been given this question and need to write an essay in AQA English Language GCSE, "Explore Strong Emotion in Shakespeare's King Lear and Romeo and Juliet". Can anyone help me with the following:
How to structure the essay?
What to include in the introduction, each paragraph and conclusion?
Key words to use to show my knowledge in the area (eg. Hubris ect.)?
Quotes with possible ideas of analysis?
Good adjectives/metaphors/similes to help boost my mark?
Any possible sources of information for help with the above.
Thanks in advance
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jakepearson14
I have been given this question and need to write an essay in AQA English Language GCSE, "Explore Strong Emotion in Shakespeare's King Lear and Romeo and Juliet". Can anyone help me with the following:
How to structure the essay?
What to include in the introduction, each paragraph and conclusion?
Key words to use to show my knowledge in the area (eg. Hubris ect.)?
Quotes with possible ideas of analysis?
Good adjectives/metaphors/similes to help boost my mark?
Any possible sources of information for help with the above.
Thanks in advance

Do you have any ideas of broad themes or points of comparison that you've seen in each? :smile: we could then help you expand on that rather than telling you what to write :smile:
Original post by Gingerbread101
Do you have any ideas of broad themes or points of comparison that you've seen in each? :smile: we could then help you expand on that rather than telling you what to write :smile:
The over ruling theme seems to be sexism, love and hate. Thanks
The over ruling theme seems to be sexism, love and hate. Thanks

I've not studied those texts in depth myself, but you'll find some interesting quotes and ideas about them here:
- Gender in King Lear
- If you click on the drop down options for theme, you can find some about familial love in King Lear
- Love in Romeo and Juliet
- Hate in Romeo and Juliet
- Gender in Romeo and Juliet

I hope these help :h:
Original post by Gingerbread101
I've not studied those texts in depth myself, but you'll find some interesting quotes and ideas about them here:
- Gender in King Lear
- If you click on the drop down options for theme, you can find some about familial love in King Lear
- Love in Romeo and Juliet
- Hate in Romeo and Juliet
- Gender in Romeo and Juliet

I hope these help :h:

This definitely helps, thanks. :smile: Have you any tips on how to structure the essay to get full marks?
This definitely helps, thanks. :smile: Have you any tips on how to structure the essay to get full marks?

Do an introduction about the main ideas of each play and the main similarities and differences in themes, then a paragraph on each of your three themes (comparing both texts in all paragraphs), and in your conclusion sum up the main intentions of the author, how it impacts the audience and the underlying idea/judgement that you have come to :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending