The Student Room Group

First tattoo tomorrow, any help?!

I'm really scared for my first tattoo tomorrow, I don't know what to expect at all. I'm scared for the pain or passing out or throwing up or something 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1455814621.124795.jpg it's pretty much like this tattoo, same place, kinda the same flower.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AdorableDrip
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1455814621.124795.jpg it's pretty much like this tattoo, same place, kinda the same flower.

Posted from TSR Mobile

1) Get LOADS of sleep the night before, preferably 8-10 hours to avoid drowsiness.

2) Have a high sugar breakfast (milkshake and cookies maybe) that is small in quantity (possibly even a chocolate bar). Eat it in plenty of time so you can go to the toilet before setting off.

3)Drink plenty of water on the day, before AND after, take a bottle of water with you.

4) Breathe. If you stress out you're more likely to pass out, and if you don' t like needles don't look.

5) Remember it's only a needle, not a machete....with modern day equipment you shouldn't be too uncomfortable, it's just a sharp scratch.

6) Thorough aftercare is a must, no skipping!

also, just let the artist know you're nervous, this helps them keep an eye on you- so if you go pale, they'll give you a break. It's not even painful....
Reply 3
I've got almost 30 tattoos now. I'm plastered in them. There's nothing to it. GreakTea offers some sound advise. Don't worry about it. You'll be back for more (they always do!) I'm actually pretty addicted to feel of being inked. I enjoy it (apart from certain places like the chest and ribs which hurts like buggery)

Enjoy! And don't pick it - however tempted you get!
I hate mine and am getting them all lazered off. Please be sure it's what you want. The lazering hurts and costs a lot more than the tattoo. :-) Stay safe.
Original post by GreekTea
1) Get LOADS of sleep the night before, preferably 8-10 hours to avoid drowsiness.

2) Have a high sugar breakfast (milkshake and cookies maybe) that is small in quantity (possibly even a chocolate bar). Eat it in plenty of time so you can go to the toilet before setting off.

3)Drink plenty of water on the day, before AND after, take a bottle of water with you.

4) Breathe. If you stress out you're more likely to pass out, and if you don' t like needles don't look.

5) Remember it's only a needle, not a machete....with modern day equipment you shouldn't be too uncomfortable, it's just a sharp scratch.

6) Thorough aftercare is a must, no skipping!

also, just let the artist know you're nervous, this helps them keep an eye on you- so if you go pale, they'll give you a break. It's not even painful....

Thank you so much :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
If it helps - I have a tattoo on the back of my shoulder so above where yours will be. I was reaaaaaally nervous and when the tattooist asked me if I was ready I just went "NO!" :rofl: Anyway, he put water in the gun and did a tiny line on my back so I could feel it without being left with a black dot if I couldn't continue! Basically, he asked me "How was that" and I literally said "Oh, was that it? Just do it!". My point is - it isn't that bad and you will be okay. Just drink/eat something sugary before (I had a fanta and a pack of haribo) as well as having had a proper meal etc.
Is the pain of getting a tattoo worse than getting body piercings?
Reply 8
I'm really scared for my first tattoo tomorrow, I don't know what to expect at all. I'm scared for the pain or passing out or throwing up or something 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't do it ...
It will hurt like hell too ...
Reply 9
Original post by AthiaKarim

I would imagine so ...

Body piercings are definitely worse.
Don't get a tattoo it
I hope you're getting it from a respectable place and have thought long and hard about this decision.

Sorry I literally cannot offer anything else except some sensible things to think about.

The pain though, for literally anything, is usually over exaggerated in people's minds than when it actually happens. I'm sure it won't be anywhere near as bad when you get to it :smile:
Original post by TeeEm
Don't do it ...
It will hurt like hell too ...

Well I want to do it....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

which part are you getting it done on?

it won't really hurt that much.....i have a small one on my chest that one hurt like a bitch (more when he did close to the edges of my pectorial because of nerve endings) but it wasn't "unbearable" pain :tongue:
Reply 15
Well I want to do it....

Posted from TSR Mobile

then my advice is not to!

depends where you get it done...

generally places with lots of nerve endings will hurt a lot but places with less nerve endings won't hurt at all :biggrin:
Original post by suhwaki
Body piercings are definitely worse.

Really?
Original post by trapking
depends where you get it done...

generally places with lots of nerve endings will hurt a lot but places with less nerve endings won't hurt at all :biggrin:

In addition: tender/soft skin hurts a lot more.
Try to pinch yourself really hard, or ask a friend to do it. If it hurts, it will hurt when you get the tattoo done.
Gotta end up looking like Oli <3

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest