The Student Room Group

Maths gcse -everyone with an a/a*!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hello im in year 9 and im going to do the new gcses aswell and im just wondering did you found it much harder than the current?and what are the grade boundaries,and also how many marks did you achieve
Original post by RosaA
What did you do to revise?
Any good revision techniques?

I am currently in Year 10 and got an A* (Grade 8 now) in my most recent mock exam but don't want to be complacent. :redface:

I am also a bit concerned that I'll end up forgetting things by next year when I actually sit my exam :frown:

What can I do apart from past papers to keep my grades up and any good resources? :smile:

What can I do to ensure I don't forget anything that I've learnt?

Thank you :biggrin:
Reply 21
Original post by RosaA
What did you do to revise?
Any good revision techniques?

I am currently in Year 10 and got an A* (Grade 8 now) in my most recent mock exam but don't want to be complacent. :redface:

I am also a bit concerned that I'll end up forgetting things by next year when I actually sit my exam :frown:

What can I do apart from past papers to keep my grades up and any good resources? :smile:

What can I do to ensure I don't forget anything that I've learnt?

Thank you :biggrin:

Hi, I'm also in Year 10. You can use MathsWatch if you have an account where it will have videos for the new specification. Also, there's specimen papers available from exam boards like Edexcel that you can use.
Reply 22
Original post by forre
Hello im in year 9 and im going to do the new gcses aswell and im just wondering did you found it much harder than the current?and what are the grade boundaries,and also how many marks did you achieve

There's no grade boundaries or past papers yet as it's a new GCSE. I have done a specimen paper and based on my experiences, the questions are more demanding and vigorous as they're worded. You can use MathsWatch to help you with the new spec for Maths as well as the specimen papers from the exam board.
Reply 23
Im in year Eleven and am currently at an A* above my target!

Creating Posters for each of the Topics or getting booklets off different Websites such as :

mrmaths.co.uk

will help honestly good luck in your exams!!!
I aslo use mathswatch which is great!!

Quick Reply

Latest