The Student Room Group

Judge refuses to cancel contract with producer Dr. Luke who allegedly raped Kesha

Scroll to see replies

This website has such absurd opinions on women's rights.

There are times when contracts should not be lawful and being raped by your producer is clearly one of them, it's not like you sign your name and that's it, they own you.
Original post by SmashConcept

You claimed to be shocked by the lengths that someone would go to to get out of a perfectly legal contract. You might not think that's dogmatic.

Yes. You obviously missed my attempt to make fun of the opening post's uncritical stance by mirroring its over-blown language in my opening. Never mind.
Reply 42
Original post by Free Kurdistan
This website has such absurd opinions on women's rights.

There are times when contracts should not be lawful and being raped by your producer is clearly one of them, it's not like you sign your name and that's it, they own you.

Prove that it happened, there is absolutely no proof been put forward
Original post by DiddyDec
I never questioned his professionalism, I questioned his intent.

His intent is pretty obviously to represent Kesha. The allegations regarding Kesha are coming from Kesha and her family as far as anything I've read goes.

Unless you're saying that allegations about Kesha being raped are coming from her lawyer... in which case you should present some of that "evidence" you are always so enthusiastic about.
Original post by joecphillips
Prove that it happened, there is absolutely no proof been put forward

You're missing the point, I'm not a judge or a forensic investigator, I wasn't even on the ****ing jury and neither was anyone on this thread, but these stuck up ***** beating their chests saying a contract is a contract she should just work for him as was signed, really are totally clueless as to how the world works.

Lots of people who post on TSR, are clearly slightly autistic, even if they don't meet the diagnostic criteria, they clearly have severe trouble with any issue which isn't binary/black and white.
saying a contract is a contract she should just work for him as was signed, really are totally clueless as to how the world works.

Nobody has said that. Sony, in fact, has promised that she can have a new producer.
Original post by SmashConcept
His intent is pretty obviously to represent Kesha. The allegations regarding Kesha are coming from Kesha and her family as far as anything I've read goes.

Unless you're saying that allegations about Kesha being raped are coming from her lawyer... in which case you should present some of that "evidence" you are always so enthusiastic about.

Merely speculation.
Original post by Good bloke
Nobody has said that. Sony, in fact, has promised that she can have a new producer.

I think you're underestimating how much of a negative impact rape can have, having to work in an environment where the man who may well have raped her, when she was still a teenager, could cause serious psychological harm.

DiddyDec said exactly that.

You would think he would realise that being more in favour of Sony than Sony is a bit odd, but that would require self awareness.
Reply 49
You're missing the point, I'm not a judge or a forensic investigator, I wasn't even on the ****ing jury and neither was anyone on this thread, but these stuck up ***** beating their chests saying a contract is a contract she should just work for him as was signed, really are totally clueless as to how the world works.

Lots of people who post on TSR, are clearly slightly autistic, even if they don't meet the diagnostic criteria, they clearly have severe trouble with any issue which isn't binary/black and white.

I don't see you saying anything about the other side of this argument who say that he is a rapist with no proof
Original post by joecphillips
I don't see you saying anything about the other side of this argument who say that he is a rapist with no proof

I'm not saying he is a rapist, if Dr Luke were on trial I would take the view of innocent until proven guilty, but Kesha is a human being and the well being of a person should take precedence over a contract with a corporation.

It's possible to simultaneously hold the view of innocent until proven guilty and still feel the contract should be cancelled on balance of interests.
#FreeKesha
Original post by lilylf
she didn't want to put him in jail, she simply doesn't want to work with him, it's unfair. zayn quite because he literally was 'unhappy', why can't she? its bulls***t

Because he signed the contract as a minor, it's already towards the end of his contract, and he's still working under the same labels.

Kesha signed the contracted as an adult, it's still quite early into her contract, and she doesn't want to work under the same label.
I'm not saying he is a rapist, if Dr Luke were on trial I would take the view of innocent until proven guilty, but Kesha is a human being and the well being of a person should take precedence over a contract with a corporation..

If that was to happen, the value of a contract will seize to exist.

If a female artist doesn't want to work for a company anymore, they can easily make a rape allegation and then get out of their contract. If this keeps happening, studios won't offer contract or even invest in artists because contracts are now unenforceable.
Original post by Mrs House
If that was to happen, the value of a contract will seize to exist.

If a female artist doesn't want to work for a company anymore, they can easily make a rape allegation and then get out of their contract. If this keeps happening, studios won't offer contract or even invest in artists because contracts are now unenforceable.

You can sue someone for false rape accusations, if an artist filed frivolous complaints they would end up in prison.

This thread is frustrating as hell because all the kids getting worked up over the evil woman who clearly is only doing this for money and attention (note the sarcasm) are so clueless. TSR isn't a website for the brightest and best academic talent the UK has, it's a shitfest of angry, frustrated idiots, like a Daily Mail comments section, but with extra virginity.
I think you're underestimating how much of a negative impact rape can have, having to work in an environment where the man who may well have raped her, when she was still a teenager, could cause serious psychological harm.

Does that not make you wonder how she has managed to work with him for ten years without problem, then?
You can sue someone for false rape accusations, if an artist filed frivolous complaints they would end up in prison.

This thread is frustrating as hell because all the kids getting worked up over the evil woman who clearly is only doing this for money and attention (note the sarcasm) are so clueless. TSR isn't a website for the brightest and best academic talent the UK has, it's a shitfest of angry, frustrated idiots, like a Daily Mail comments section, but with extra virginity.

but do you understand why the judge refuses to release Kesha?
Does that not make you wonder how she has managed to work with him for ten years without problem, then?

Neither of us were inside the Sony corporation so it's unhelpful to speculate.

How is it shocking?

She made an allegation, there was no evidence to support her allegation, no way that a court of law could even stand a chance of proving that what she says is true.

If she was allowed to walk away from her contract at this point the judge would effectively be saying that Dr. Luke is "guilty until proven innocent", and as thankfully we don't live in a world where that mantra is used, he had no reason whatsoever to allow her to break her contract.
Original post by Mrs House
but do you understand why the judge refuses to release Kesha?

No I don't and I will admit this.

I have not studied the case, but I have human empathy and I dislike how TSR virgin boys are using this as fuel for their woman hating agenda, rather than admitting they don't have the first clue, whilst accepting that protection of the victims of sex crime is more important than profit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending