The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medical School Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Timewilltellu
If Edinburgh can start, so what is Glasgow waiting for? Don't tell me something about that SFC announcement anymore.

Yeah!
Glasgow is normally quicker than Edinburgh! :frown:
Just got a rejection for Edinburgh was expecting that one but still feel ****... Praying for Glasgow so hard 🙏🏻
Original post by tinababy
Just got a rejection for Edinburgh was expecting that one but still feel ****... Praying for Glasgow so hard 🙏🏻

Edinburgh is sooooo tough :cry2:
First reply so trying not to let it get to me but I think it's starting too... It makes u doubt the rest. Got all As 2750 ukcat which is in the top 20% I work in the bloody hospital and ps was good... Just hope it's good enough for Glasgow... Can't imagine going else where... Have u heard anything?

Original post by Junioh
Edinburgh is sooooo tough :cry2:
First reply so trying not to let it get to me but I think it's starting too... It makes u doubt the rest. Got all As 2750 ukcat which is in the top 20% I work in the bloody hospital and ps was good... Just hope it's good enough for Glasgow... Can't imagine going else where... Have u heard anything?

Not yet...
I got my rejection in early February and it was the first rejection so I was literally shattered at the time. All the efforts that I've put in since S4(grades, extracurricular) felt like they have gone to waste. I know I know:cry:
Try to be optimistic! We've still got the other three to hear back! After all, we are applying for medicine not specific schools, despite one might be your first choice, at the end of the day, if we get into any medical school, we will(hopefully) be doctors one day.
Plus, I said to myself: look, Edinburgh has a compulsory 6 years course, and they don't even offer dissection like St Andrews/Dundee/Glasgow, and apparently the student satisfaction is pretty low; also it might be a good idea to move away and experience uni life!
Fingers crossed for Glasgow :biggrin:

No interview is a straight dream killa but im sure you'll get an offer somewhere else
Original post by Junioh
Not yet...
I got my rejection in early February and it was the first rejection so I was literally shattered at the time. All the efforts that I've put in since S4(grades, extracurricular) felt like they have gone to waste. I know I know:cry:
Try to be optimistic! We've still got the other three to hear back! After all, we are applying for medicine not specific schools, despite one might be your first choice, at the end of the day, if we get into any medical school, we will(hopefully) be doctors one day.
Plus, I said to myself: look, Edinburgh has a compulsory 6 years course, and they don't even offer dissection like St Andrews/Dundee/Glasgow, and apparently the student satisfaction is pretty low; also it might be a good idea to move away and experience uni life!

prsom!:grouphugs: and I'm not too certain how I feel about dissection but are you sure that dundee and glasgow do it as well as st a?
Rejected from Edinburgh, utterly gutted by really hoping for Glasgow and St Andrews now!!

Hated not knowing anything but now I do I wish I could go back to being in the dark haha:frown:
Original post by thermometer
prsom!:grouphugs: and I'm not too certain how I feel about dissection but are you sure that dundee and glasgow do it as well as st a?

yup full body dissection
Edinburgh offers prosection, so does Aberdeen
Even though some people argue that prosection is actually better but I think I'd like to try dissection :smile:
Reply 1069
So the latest Ekno Betting odds are:

Today - 5000/1
Thursday-Friday 1/1
Mid March - 1/20
Before April - 1/100
In October - 10000/1

T&C Apply, see site for details
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by hearmeroar_
Rejected from Edinburgh, utterly gutted by really hoping for Glasgow and St Andrews now!!

Hated not knowing anything but now I do I wish I could go back to being in the dark haha:frown:

You're not alone:console:
Original post by Ekno

Today - 5000/1
Thursday-Friday 1/1
Mid March - 1/5
Before April - 1/10
In October - 10000/1

hahahahha great idea but what does the 5000 mean??
Reply 1072
Original post by Junioh
hahahahha great idea but what does the 5000 mean??

for every £1 you bet you get £5000 back if you win
Original post by Ekno

Today - 5000/1
Thursday-Friday 1/1
Mid March - 1/20
Before April - 1/100
In October - 10000/1

What is the odd for Tuesday and Wednesday then?
Reply 1074
What is the odd for Tuesday and Wednesday then?

hmmm Tuesday and Wednesday are 100/1
Original post by Ekno
hmmm Tuesday and Wednesday are 100/1

If Edinburgh have started, I honestly think it will be either tomorrow or Wednesday.
Reply 1076
If Edinburgh have started, I honestly think it will be either tomorrow or Wednesday.

ODDS CHANGE - Tues/Weds from 100/1 to 1/1 :laugh:
Got an offer from edinburgh🎈🎈🎈🎈came in at 8 tonight! Still feel delighted that I've actually heard first with something positive. Amassing .. Hope you all get positive communication from your own application
Original post by Betty555
Got an offer from edinburgh🎈🎈🎈🎈came in at 8 tonight! Still feel delighted that I've actually heard first with something positive. Amassing .. Hope you all get positive communication from your own application

lol this is the Glasgow thread but well done on your Edinburgh offer!
Original post by Junioh
Not yet...

Aye it's very disheartening I cannot bring myself to keep pushing in with projects and stuff. Gotta keep positive though we've still got three left and yeah that's very true idm where I get in as long as I get in somewhere. And Edinburgh was my last choice cos of the course the city and the overall feel of it. Oh well we shall see soon enough

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending