Scroll to see replies

Reply 1100
Original post by Ekno
Dat essay doe

indeed :smile:
Reply 1101
Original post by AStephens2509
Wait why have the odds changed?

the Scottish market has already began giving out transfers, as mentioned above by Edi and St And. Surely Glasgow will be sending them out soon too
Reply 1102
Original post by tinababy
Goodness all i said is that she was being inconsiderate posting about offers in a thread full of people who have none. Let's not make a big fuss about this. I had a moment of weakness in which I was frustrated with the wait and that slightly arrogant post annoyed me...can you blame me? I've been waiting my whole life to get in.

Genuinely Tina, I really hope you do get in.

Its okay to be passionate and I don't doubt how much work you've had to invest and how much you've had to give up to get this far.

Best of luck to you really, and hopefully see you on the flip side when were both med students. :smile:

Do remember though, no matter what, to even get an interview in the first place is a massive achievement. Only something like 7% of people can even pass the initial academic criteria. Scoring highenough in the UKCAT and other such criteria puts you in the top 1%. So no matter what, just remember this is judgements based on the tiniest of margins as everyone here deserves a place.

Good Luck love.

(hugs)
Original post by Torel
Genuinely Tina, I really hope you do get in.

Its okay to be passionate and I don't doubt how much work you've had to invest and how much you've had to give up to get this far.

Best of luck to you really, and hopefully see you on the flip side when were both med students. :smile:

Do remember though, no matter what, to even get an interview in the first place is a massive achievement. Only something like 7% of people can even pass the initial academic criteria. Scoring highenough in the UKCAT and other such criteria puts you in the top 1%. So no matter what, just remember this is judgements based on the tiniest of margins as everyone here deserves a place.

Good Luck love.

(hugs)

Very true I'm still lucky to have three other potential places to go to. I actually still have my St. Andrews interview in March so I still stand a chance of getting in and I would be greatfulnto get in anywhere in the end. Getting even an interview means you're already in the top third of all applicants more or less and all of need to appreciate how hard it actually is to get in. You're right maybe I shouldn't have made such a reply and I apologise for the whole argument that followed.

All the best to you too :smile: *hugs back* Fingers crossed we all get in soon.
I saw 2 new pages on this thread and thought people had been receiving offers/rejections only to find an argument hahaha ffs
Reply 1105
Original post by Jameshughes100
I saw 2 new pages on this thread and thought people had been receiving offers/rejections only to find an argument hahaha ffs

I know 😂 only on the Glasgow thread
St Andrews have released offers ...Glasgow come on !!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Correct me if i'm wrong but it looks like Glasgow are sending out a lot of offers for other subjects right this minute so maybe, just maybe it might be our turn soon. Who knows? Fingers crossed.
Original post by Merv97
Correct me if i'm wrong but it looks like Glasgow are sending out a lot of offers for other subjects right this minute so maybe, just maybe it might be our turn soon. Who knows? Fingers crossed.

What subjects?
Friend just got one for accounting i think and seen some on the TL for physio etc
Original post by bigs1998
What subjects?
Original post by Merv97
Friend just got one for accounting i think and seen some on the TL for physio etc

coooool shouldnt be to much longer. What's your first choice and have you heard back from anywhere?
Hmmm - ok .....as I said - no offence intended. But just to set the record straight......I got straight A's through sheer hard work, my parents didn't buy me a place on a UKCAT course and I've been working evenings and full shift weekends at a local care home for over 2 years apart from a handful of weekends off. Edinburgh isn't my 'dream' university but I was happy to get an offer. Apologies for posting on the wrong thread but I'd posted before realising. Like many of you I guess, I'm looking on different threads for different uni's so it was just a mistake. An offer is great but it's not a guaranteed place until I get the results - and that's not guaranteed either. Anyone who goes through this whole process doesn't do it lightly. It's stressful - like a medical career is going to be. Fingers crossed for all of you out there that you get the offers you want 😶
Everyone needs to calm down a little. I realise waiting is extremely stressful but empathy is an important trait for a doctor. So congratulate people in their success and commiserate with people in their disappointment.

(And I hope Glasgow hurries up with good news for you all).
Reply 1113
I wish we could all get along like we did in middle school.

I wish I could bake a cake made out of rainbows and smiles and we'd all eat and be happy.

:wink:
Reply 1114
Original post by u12lg7
I wish we could all get along like we did in middle school.

I wish I could bake a cake made out of rainbows and smiles and we'd all eat and be happy.

:wink:

You don't even go to this school!!!!
Reply 1115
Original post by Torel
You don't even go to this school!!!!

:biggrin::tongue:
Reply 1116
Remember when this thread used to be about Glasgow medical applicants? Pepperidge Farm remembers...
Original post by Ekno
Remember when this thread used to be about Glasgow medical applicants? Pepperidge Farm remembers...

Maybe we take some of your bets and you don't tell the police...
Original post by Ekno

We've all gone stir crazy because they've taken so long!
Reply 1119
I hope Glasgow sees how they've turned their possible prospective students insane!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending