The Student Room Group

The biggest problem with UK leaving the EU

Just aside for the moment the shock to the economy, the threat to UK based jobs, the new restrictions to trade with our biggest trading partner -

what do you think about the biggest drawback of all - No more cheap, quick holidays over to europe - visas needed for eurostar., ibiza, kavos, prague amsterdam .

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
There would.be no shock to the economy. We would be free to leave only when we have a trade deal

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Chakede
Just aside for the moment the shock to the economy, the threat to UK based jobs, the new restrictions to trade with our biggest trading partner -

what do you think about the biggest drawback of all - No more cheap, quick holidays over to europe - visas needed for eurostar., ibiza, kavos, prague amsterdam .

There would be no economic shock.

Why would visas be required to go to Ibiza or Prague?
Reply 3
Original post by Howard
There would be no economic shock.

says who , you?

pretty much every major business here says otherwise

Original post by Howard

Why would visas be required to go to Ibiza or Prague?
we would be outside the EU, and each country can choose whether to require visa entry system for UK.. and certainly given how much mess stags and partygoers make over there, they may decide a costly visa is worth it
Reply 4
Original post by alexh42
There would.be no shock to the economy. We would be free to leave only when we have a trade deal

Posted from TSR Mobile

what does that mean
Reply 5
Original post by Chakede
says who , you?

we would be outside the EU, and each country can choose whether to require visa entry system for UK.. and certainly given how much mess stags and partygoers make over there, they may decide a costly visa is worth it

Yes. Says me.

Look. Loads of different countries don't need visas to visit the EU. Who says the EU is going to impose visa requirements on Brits going to EU countries? You? And you base this on Krackow street-cleaners having to hose down some puke off the sidewalk on a Sunday morning? Give me a break.
Reply 6
Original post by Howard
Yes. Says me. .

and you are clearly an idiot ,so that case is made. And even if you werent, the fact that some many people that are actually in business say it would be an economic shock to leave speaks volumes

Original post by Howard

Look. Loads of different countries don't need visas to visit the EU. Who says the EU is going to impose visa requirements on Brits going to EU countries? You? And you base this on Krackow street-cleaners having to hose down some puke off the sidewalk on a Sunday morning? Give me a break.

the EU doesnt impose visas einstein, nation states do. and yes theres no reason why some would - apart from the fact that each and every of the 27 nations will make their choice - they will see that UK would almost certainly require visas from many of them right after leaving.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Chakede
and you are clearly an idiot ,so that case is made. And even if you werent, the fact that some many people that are actually in business say it would be an economic shock to leave speaks volumes

the EU doesnt impose visas einstein, nation states do. and yes theres no reason why some wouldnt - apart from the fact that each and every of the 27 nations will make their choice - they will see that UK would almost certainly require visas from many of them as a consequence of leaving.

So you have interviewed the heads of states of 27 countries and have deduced that some of them; Spain, the Czech Republic, amongst others are likely to introduce visa requirements because of the hassle and mess caused by British bachelor parties? No; of course you haven't. So shut your pie hole and keep your infantile speculations to yourself.

Idiot? LOL! I've probably got more university degrees than you have A levels my brave little friend. I've almost certainly more letters after my name than you have in your name. I'm also much better read, worldly wise, and have a much higher IQ than you do.

(And I'm in business myself. Real business. Your experience on a paper round doesn't count)

Now run along. Don't you have some Geography homework to finish?
Original post by Chakede
says who , you?

Money makes the world go round, that wouldn't happen.(More will come without and spend money)
Reply 9
Original post by Chakede

Implying that the money they add to the local economy isn't worth 10 times as much as the cost of cleaning up a few bottles. Get real.
Reply 10
Original post by Wellzi
Implying that the money they add to the local economy isn't worth 10 times as much as the cost of cleaning up a few bottles. Get real.

im saying that the opportunity for them to start charging money for visas will not be missed by these places as well as those that want to return the favour of all the places that we will be imposing tighter checks on like czech republic, poland romania, hungary etc etc and who knows maybe even spain france ( eurostar, calais). thats what happens when you detach from a union
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by Howard
So you have interviewed the heads of states of 27 countries and have deduced that some of them; Spain, the Czech Republic, amongst others are likely to introduce visa requirements because of the hassle and mess caused by British bachelor parties? No; of course you haven't. So shut your pie hole and keep your infantile speculations to yourself.

Idiot? LOL! I've probably got more university degrees than you have A levels my brave little friend. I've almost certainly more letters after my name than you have in your name. I'm also much better read, worldly wise, and have a much higher IQ than you do.

(And I'm in business myself. Real business. Your experience on a paper round doesn't count)

Now run along. Don't you have some Geography homework to finish?
thanks but you can keep your 5 degrees in politics and international relations for dummies, ill stick with the medical degree. and i have to say im glad you are arguing on the opposite side to me, because it just proves i dont have the viewpoint on this of one of those idiots i would despise to be, cheers!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by balanced
Money makes the world go round, that wouldn't happen.(More will come without and spend money)

i dont know what you refer to here, but people wont still come here if theres more restriction - eu tourism here will plummet and where we rely on eu staffing will suffer - all the people i have seen within the NHS that of european nationality just wont bother to come here, they will take jobs in the EU or go fro better paid ones in the US - so in the end we will suffer.
Reply 13
The effect on the economy if the UK leaves the EU nobody really knows ...
It will take years to actually see what would really happen ...
Original post by alexh42

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by TeeEm
The effect on the economy if the UK leaves the EU nobody really knows ...It will take years to actually see what would really happen ...

In the short term there will be uncertainty and there would definitely be a short-term blow to the economy. Even the most die-hard Eurosceptic must admit this.
Well I very much doubt you will need individual visas for each independent state, seeing as they are all covered under the Schengen area, and thus have a single Schengen visa. That said seeing how dependant countries like Greece, Cyprus and Spain are on British tourism I very much doubt they'd introduce visas.

Personally I think that if we leave the EU there will still be the freedom of movement between the UK and the EU as the Conservatives, despite the rhetoric, are keen on immigration and most of their ''long term economic plan'' depends on it continuing at current levels.
I couldn't give less of a crap - I not going to vote for the EU for the sake of a ****in' holiday - what kind of dunce would even do that?
This thread is lol, thanks op for the laugh at your stupid assertions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chakede

Yeah, I bet they're all really eager to introduce obstacles to the massive business of British tourism.
Original post by Chakede
says who , you?

They all wanted to join the Euro too. They were wrong then and are wrong now.

We didn't need visas to go into (non Communist) Europe before we joined the EEC and won't after we leave.

The level of ignorance is astounding!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending