The Student Room Group

I can smell battered sausage in the library.

So I live in the Netherlands and my access to good British fast food is non-existent. For the last couple days I've had a real craving for all things British such as chippys, Robinson's squash and good sweets/chocolate.

I'm sat in the medical library and there is no food remotely close to me and I am convinced I'm going around the twist as I can smell battered sausages and chips. :nooo::sad:

Please send me support and relatable tales to keep my spirits up
Original post by Bluffroom
So I live in the Netherlands and my access to good British fast food is non-existent. For the last couple days I've had a real craving for all things British such as chippys, Robinson's squash and good sweets/chocolate.

I'm sat in the medical library and there is no food remotely close to me and I am convinced I'm going around the twist as I can smell battered sausages and chips. :nooo::sad:

Please send me support and relatable tales to keep my spirits up

Once I bought a battered sausage and some chips, and then I used my mouth to eat them.
I plan on having fish and chips for tea tonight.
Reply 3
Original post by Dr Pesto
Once I bought a battered sausage and some chips, and then I used my mouth to eat them.

How can I relate to that? I'm about 500 miles from my closest chippy :cry2:
Reply 4
Original post by mscaffrey
I plan on having fish and chips for tea tonight.

the big question is: what sort of fish?
the big question is: what sort of fish?

Battered cod. It's always a choice between cod and haddock for me, but cod always feels more authentic given that's what I grew up with.
Reply 6
Battered cod. It's always a choice between cod and haddock for me, but cod always feels more authentic given that's what I grew up with.

I can understand that. I am more of a cod fan myself too.
On an unrelated note, I really hate when you accidentally buy fish fingers instead of 'cod fish fingers' as the birds eye boxes look the same but one is cod one is pollock. Really ruined a few dinners a while back D:
I can understand that. I am more of a cod fan myself too.
On an unrelated note, I really hate when you accidentally buy fish fingers instead of 'cod fish fingers' as the birds eye boxes look the same but one is cod one is pollock. Really ruined a few dinners a while back D:

Oh yeah, the pollock ones really ruin what should be a pleasurable experience. They tend to be flatter and the fish just isn't as nice. Although, weirdly, on the rare occassion when I find myself in McDonald's I only ever get fish fingers and they're pollock ones but the pollock is gorgeous in them.
Reply 8
Oh yeah, the pollock ones really ruin what should be a pleasurable experience. They tend to be flatter and the fish just isn't as nice. Although, weirdly, on the rare occassion when I find myself in McDonald's I only ever get fish fingers and they're pollock ones but the pollock is gorgeous in them.

what really kills (besides the flavour) it for me is when you cut it or bite it and on your fork you see what isn't lovely white fish flesh and its just sad. They aren't the same.

I agree! McDonald's do cracking good fish fingers, but they don't sell them here, just McKibbeling (which is shite I may add). It's also horrendously expensive compared to the UK. And there's no double cheeseburgers! :mad:
Reply 9
Just watch a vomit compilation on youtube... all appetite lost :biggrin:
Original post by z33
Just watch a vomit compilation on youtube... all appetite lost :biggrin:

Who makes those compilations? :lolwut:
Reply 11
Original post by Zargabaath
Who makes those compilations? :lolwut:

sick people :tongue:
Original post by z33
sick people :tongue:

PRSOM :toofuny:
Reply 13
Original post by Zargabaath
PRSOM :toofunny:

what really kills (besides the flavour) it for me is when you cut it or bite it and on your fork you see what isn't lovely white fish flesh and its just sad. They aren't the same.

I agree! McDonald's do cracking good fish fingers, but they don't sell them here, just McKibbeling (which is shite I may add). It's also horrendously expensive compared to the UK. And there's no double cheeseburgers! :mad:

YES, the grey flesh is kind of off-putting. :s-smilie:

Ugh, I'm so grateful for the fish I'm about to eat.
Reply 15
YES, the grey flesh is kind of off-putting. :s-smilie:

Ugh, I'm so grateful for the fish I'm about to eat.

Jealous. I might just buy pizza tonight. Crap thing though is that you can't even buy chips with it! Pants. :<
Sad times

Quick Reply

Latest