The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dino717
Hi guys I had my interview 25th January and still haven't heard anything. Am I likely to be rejected?

I'm in the same position, I had my interview on 25th Jan as well and kinda losing hope now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
What are we supposed to do if we just don't know the answer to a question. Like if they ask about something to do with economics of health care or something, or an ethical question which you just don't understand. Ahh panic...I know I'm just gonna sit there and he/she is gonna be like....hello? I have never had an interview before and i'm so nervous. Also for the why kings or why medicine questions, like I know what i'd ideally say but i bet i'll give a really rushed answer all over the place which isn't structured at all :s-smilie:
Original post by Hze11dhu
What are we supposed to do if we just don't know the answer to a question. Like if they ask about something to do with economics of health care or something, or an ethical question which you just don't understand. Ahh panic...I know I'm just gonna sit there and he/she is gonna be like....hello? I have never had an interview before and i'm so nervous. Also for the why kings or why medicine questions, like I know what i'd ideally say but i bet i'll give a really rushed answer all over the place which isn't structured at all :s-smilie:

You ask them questions to get more information out of them so you can give a structured answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any ideas as to when the post-offer open day will be? Haven't heard anything about it so far
I've been waiting since 14th January, and I thought that my interview had gone really well, but now I'm not too sure, with each day that passes a rejection seems more likely
I was very nervous in my interview, felt a bit daft in some places but thought I'd covered the main points they wanted to hear. I certainly didn't expect it but I knew I had done everything I possibly could.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yoyo.sat
I'm in the same position, I had my interview on 25th Jan as well and kinda losing hope now

Original post by xertyl
I've been waiting since 14th January, and I thought that my interview had gone really well, but now I'm not too sure, with each day that passes a rejection seems more likely

Don't lose hope, i had to wait for my offer for exactly 2 months :biggrin: Waiting is hard, but there's always hope! Don't worry about it too much though, focus on other things instead, it helps :smile:
I had maintained that King's would be one of my top 2 choices for a while, but after hearing a lot about the rankings and the accomodation I'm considering not firming my offer. What have other offer holders thought about this, do you guys think the location and prestige of king's should not be defined by the rankings?
Original post by Arusya
Don't lose hope, i had to wait for my offer for exactly 2 months :biggrin: Waiting is hard, but there's always hope! Don't worry about it too much though, focus on other things instead, it helps :smile:

Thank you, that does give me hope! All I can do now is pray I get an offer eventually

Posted from TSR Mobile
Those that have heard - did you first hear from an email from Kings / update on their own system, or from the "UCAS Track" system? (which I think is sometimes updated first for certain courses, I know it was for some of my others).

I am a Dec 15th interviewer so starting to think my chances are slim since many heard this time last week....! argh!
Reply 1750
Original post by johnsw100
Those that have heard - did you first hear from an email from Kings / update on their own system, or from the "UCAS Track" system? (which I think is sometimes updated first for certain courses, I know it was for some of my others).

I am a Dec 15th interviewer so starting to think my chances are slim since many heard this time last week....! argh!

Dw, I'm also waiting and I'm from December 14th 😭😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know if KCL does dissection or prossection?
Original post by Hze11dhu
Does anyone know if KCL does dissection or prossection?

Dissection
Original post by Jack354
I had maintained that King's would be one of my top 2 choices for a while, but after hearing a lot about the rankings and the accomodation I'm considering not firming my offer. What have other offer holders thought about this, do you guys think the location and prestige of king's should not be defined by the rankings?

Well from my understanding kings' current ranking is down to a low student satisfaction specifically with feedback (around 13%). If you look at every other category they are actually one of the best, up to you though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cbla98
Well from my understanding kings' current ranking is down to a low student satisfaction specifically with feedback (around 13%). If you look at every other category they are actually one of the best, up to you though

Posted from TSR Mobile

They've got low student satisfaction because of the disorganisation of kings medical school and the cancellation of lectures frequently, that's why they're changing the curriculum.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1755
Original post by Don Pedro K.
When was your interview??

16th Feb :smile:
how many offers do people rate have been given out?
Original post by Jack354

To be honest, king's low ranking is almost 100% due to its low student satisfaction - I think it's promising that the university has acknowledged this and is changing the curriculum to try and improve its student satisfaction. Guy's and St. Thomas hospitals are well-known as some of the best teaching hospitals in the country - if you want to throw that opportunity away because of the league tables, that's up to you :smile:

Where else have you got offers from? XD
Original post by thechemistress
To be honest, king's low ranking is almost 100% due to its low student satisfaction - I think it's promising that the university has acknowledged this and is changing the curriculum to try and improve its student satisfaction. Guy's and St. Thomas hospitals are well-known as some of the best teaching hospitals in the country - if you want to throw that opportunity away because of the league tables, that's up to you :smile:

Where else have you got offers from? XD

Hey sorry for interrupting the conversation but is the curriculum changed for 2016 entry?
Original post by FutureMedic97
Hey sorry for interrupting the conversation but is the curriculum changed for 2016 entry?

Yeah it's for 2016

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest