The Student Room Group

migrant children being raped in Calais

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JordanL_
There are rapists among the British native population too, it's just convenient to pretend otherwise to push our xenophobe agenda, isn't it?

Who'd have ****ing thought, though, that there's more crime when you herd people into a ****ing slum camp and make them live in total poverty with no police, healthcare, or anything else.

If a few thousand British people had been living in the same conditions, there'd also be an abnormally large rate of crime.

Did Holocaust survivors go out on a crime spree?

I don't believe there is a complex reason explaining this sort of rape, it's basically, lust, lawlessness and a culture where people are not taught to respect women and children
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by llys
I think that depends on the crime. It is reasonable to think that theft is more common in such conditions. I am not so sure about rape. I don't see how living conditions cause someone to rape. Do you have any source for that?

This is what I could find from a quick search.

Browne, Salomon, & Bassuk (1999) found that women who resided in households that earned less than $10,000 annually had a 4-times-greater risk of experiencing violence than women in wealthier households.

Bassuk et al. (1996) found that homeless mothers reported significantly more severe instances of physical and sexual assault over their lifetime than low-income housed mothers.

Buka, Stichick, Birdthistle, & Felton, (2001) found youths from low-income neighborhoods witnessed significantly more severe violence (viz., murders and stabbings) than youths from middle- and upper-income neighborhoods.p

Reply 22
There are rapists among the British native population too, it's just convenient to pretend otherwise to push our xenophobe agenda, isn't it?

Who'd have ****ing thought, though, that there's more crime when you herd people into a ****ing slum camp and make them live in total poverty with no police, healthcare, or anything else.

They choose to live there. Many times, the French social services have offered them places elsewhere, but they either refuse to leave, or rapidly go back to the Jungle.
:sad:
Reply 24

Vulnerable women are more prone to get assaulted, and you take that to mean that's because of their assaulter's living conditions? :lol:
Original post by Foo.mp3
Don't worry, Jude Law is on hand to make sure they're all OK :h: (another day another well meaning moron completely out of his depth) :rolleyes:

Apparently after the cameras were off, the entire crew got robbed :laugh:
Original post by llys
Vulnerable women are more prone to get assaulted, and you take that to mean that's because of their assaulter's living conditions? :lol:

I guess you just didn't read the rest, then? Convenient.
Original post by KimKallstrom
Apparently after the cameras were off, the entire crew got robbed :laugh:

It's like Bono

Thank god it's them instead of you
Reply 28
I guess you just didn't read the rest, then? Convenient.

All your sources talk about the victim's living conditions. Not about the rapists. You claimed that a man's living conditions cause him to rape. You haven't shown any evidence for that.

For what it's worth, I do think there is evidence for it in prisons, though probably the men who rape other men there would also do it outside.
Original post by llys

Here's a better source. Page 36. Rates of all crimes except self-reported illegal drug use are negatively correlated with wealth.
Reply 30
Here's a better source. Page 36. Rates of all crimes except self-reported illegal drug use are negatively correlated with wealth.

Yes, that's a good source. Where it says "adult offences", does that include sexual offences?
Original post by Roofas
So I suppose we should let the refugees in so we can be fair and let them have a go of abusing our children too? Racist otherwise, we need quotas. #RapeSoRefugee

Or we could let the children being abused in, but Corbyn already suggested that and got villified by the press and insulted by the PM.

Original post by llys
I'd agree on theft etc. but do you really, genuinely, think rapists need an excuse to be rapists?

Might not need an exuse but would need opportunity.
Original post by llys
Yes, that's a good source. Where it says "adult offences", does that include sexual offences?

I'm not actually sure, it doesn't seem to say anywhere. But I'd assume so.
Original post by The_Opinion
Under EU rules they cannot be, any person who is from what is deemed a war zone etc cannot be sent back to such a place, even if they rape and murder etc. I don't agree with that rule, I think it is ridiculous but that is the rule.

Original post by Howard
Another good reason for leaving the EU - escaping it's bizarre rules on just about everything you care to imagine.

The UN has a word to say here, too. Getting out of the EU won't change a thing, will make it even worse. Good luck with getting a refugee/migrant/etc. out, who doesn't even has a passport or is not taken back by its home country. The EU allows Britain to sent migrants back to the countries, they went in first. Pretty nice, I would say.
Original post by Nathanielle
The UN has a word to say here, too. Getting out of the EU won't change a thing, will make it even worse. Good luck with getting a refugee/migrant/etc. out, who doesn't even has a passport or is not taken back by its home country. The EU allows Britain to sent migrants back to the countries, they went in first. Pretty nice, I would say.

UN laws can be ignored, many countries ignore them and get away with doing so.

It is actually very easy to send a migrant(s) back to where they are originally from, even without a passport, you simply put them on a ship and take them there yourself, not giving the original country any say in the matter.
Original post by Gwilym101
Or we could let the children being abused in, but Corbyn already suggested that and got villified by the press and insulted by the PM.

Might not need an exuse but would need opportunity.

Anchor babies / anchor children should never be allowed into the country, it is naïve to allow them in.
Original post by Roofas
So I suppose we should let the refugees in so we can be fair and let them have a go of abusing our children too? Racist otherwise, we need quotas. #RapeSoRefugee

I know

Leave them there or send them.back. We have our own rapists etc don't need more cnts here

Posted from TSR Mobile
UN laws can be ignored, many countries ignore them and get away with doing so.

It is actually very easy to send a migrant(s) back to where they are originally from, even without a passport, you simply put them on a ship and take them there yourself, not giving the original country any say in the matter.

LOL! The UK is not a backwater state, that doesn't want to play a role in foreign policy and risk any diplomatic connections it currently has!

And no, it isn't. You are not allowed to just put someone on a ship, nor just sail with a ship of the Royal Navy into any state you want. UK won't risk a war for some migrants, as it will be way more expensive, than just put them into prison in the UK.
Original post by Nathanielle
LOL! The UK is not a backwater state, that doesn't want to play a role in foreign policy and risk any diplomatic connections it currently has!

And no, it isn't. You are not allowed to just put someone on a ship, nor just sail with a ship of the Royal Navy into any state you want. UK won't risk a war for some migrants, as it will be way more expensive, than just put them into prison in the UK.

There would be no war, if the UK wanted to, it could send its ships to (a randomly chosen nation) Morocco and release them on the beach, there would be nothing that Morocco could do about it.

Of course you would ask for them to take the migrants the standard way first.
There would be no war, if the UK wanted to, it could send its ships to (a randomly chosen nation) Morocco and release them on the beach, there would be nothing that Morocco could do about it.

Of course you would ask for them to take the migrants the standard way first.

You can't seriously believe that this would work and that it wouldn't have very negative consequences.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending