The Student Room Group

Yr 11 where are you with gcse revision

Scroll to see replies

did a lot of revision on the sciences since November, as there is so much in triple science. Nothing else though maths isn't that hard i get A's constantly without revision. I almost know all of the science now, and its so easy when you know everything since all you have to do is just go over everything once and its straight back in your head, you only revise hard now, so i suggest starting ASAP, for the sciences. Did a B3 and a C1 paper which i got both A's in, and I only skim read my revision guide :smile:.
Original post by cosminlive
did a lot of revision on the sciences since November, as there is so much in triple science. Nothing else though maths isn't that hard i get As constantly without revision. I almost know all of the science now, and it's so easy when you know everything since all you have to do is just go over everything once and it's straight back in your head, you only revise hard now, so i suggest starting ASAP, for the sciences. Did a B3 and a C1 paper which i got both As in, and I only skim read my revision guide :smile:.

You sound like you could push for A*s. Why don't you?
Reply 62
Well C1.2 is completed onto C1.3 tomorrow. I hope to do some intense revision tomorrow and get up to C1.5 instead of the 1 hour TSR revision session intervals i'll take 30 minute breaks :smile:
yes, im aiming for two a*s but the grade boundaries were extremely high on the B3, you needed 51/60 for an A* and 48/60 for an A, so it was very close, but yeah hoping to get A* in chem and phys, since im doing them for A levels, and an A for bio.
Original post by cosminlive
yes, im aiming for two a*s but the grade boundaries were extremely high on the B3, you needed 51/60 for an A* and 48/60 for an A, so it was very close, but yeah hoping to get A* in chem and phys, since im doing them for A levels, and an A for bio.

Haha isnt it normally high? So happy with my B3 score 56/60 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
hell
My mock exams start on Monday so I have revised a little, but not much! im really stressed out about my GCSEs because everyone thinks im going to do really well but i know i wont !!!!
Original post by TheRealDJZ
I've done a lot more than the rest of you guys....but my mocks are the first week back from half term haha. So far I've done B 1& 2, P 1&2 & c2 as well as French,Computing & maths as well as bits n pieces of other subjects. Tbh just revise loads and then do past papers GCSEs aren't really hard, it's just spitting out whatever's in your revision guides. On a side note you might as well start revising now - it means you have to do less later

my mocks are the first week back too!!!! I have revised the same kind of stuff as you
Reply 68
I made a list of topics to revise. Then stopped. Yay me!
I don't have time - have another controlled assessment and the teachers won't stop giving tons of homework :colonhash:
Reply 70
I think I'm going to stop now until school starts again. So far I've done....
An hour of Spanish and French everyday
30 minutes of maths everyday
Gone over C4, B5 and P4
A tiny bit of English language

Pretty proud of myself considering I'm a huge procrastinator :colondollar:
Reply 71
So I've done up to C1.6 and completed sociology

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does creating revision resources count? (Flashcards) Because I'm learn finished with those tbh. Then Easter forward will me just memorising..

MY PLAN:
- I need to finish all my flashcards for Geog, RE, Bio (finished now), Chem, Physics by Easter.
- I need to make revision sheets/posters for IT, Maths, English by Easter.
- And I need to finish briefly going over vocab for French by Easter.
- Media Studies I have no idea how to revise for so...
Atm doing a math topic a day , started chemistry revision, but i stopped halfway and now im doing physics revision. As for geography i have completed two units and kind of done English revision.Hoping to improve my pace in a few weeks time ready for exams
Started in December for the mocks in January, all A*s, As and two Bs, so you really don't need to panic if you haven't started yet. Personally I'm going to start soon so idk haha
Ive had my mocks 2 weeks ago and didn't do anything since and yesterday I realized I forgot it all!! So starting from today, my plan is to finish P2 by net week, and I'm planning to do a math topic a day. I'm stressed due to the lack of time!
Haven't started. Planning on starting tomorrow with English Literature because I can't do it to save my life :biggrin:
Might slightly abandon maths and the sciences until April because of the dreadful OCR Computing theory :/
Reply 77
*Sigh* All i do is revise but i feel like nothing sticks. I really need all A*'s and am currently on all A's QQ
Original post by HeimIX
*Sigh* All i do is revise but i feel like nothing sticks. I really need all A*'s and am currently on all A's QQ

I can relate to that as I'm in the same situation. My main problem was that I fell asleep alot so obviously not revising. To stop this, I've started revising whilst exercising at the gym (probably not for everybody) I think the best way to make sure infomation sticks is to change the way you revise from time to time and use past papers to test yourself. Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 79
Original post by Thequietone__
I can relate to that as I'm in the same situation. My main problem was that I fell asleep alot so obviously not revising. To stop this, I've started revising whilst exercising at the gym (probably not for everybody) I think the best way to make sure infomation sticks is to change the way you revise from time to time and use past papers to test yourself. Hope this helps :smile:

I will try to mix it up because i usually just revise in the same setting, Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest