The Student Room Group

Yr 11 mockss

Heyy
i was just wondering, i have my year 11 mocks in two weeks and i'm finding it really hard to concentrate on my revision right now. If i want to cover all my content i have to do like 4 subjects a day does anyone have any revision tips? This is really stressing me out since at my school your mocks are what decides if you can stay for sixth form or not. I'm like so confused and i don't know how to help myself.
thank u!
Reply 1
Original post by riaraj
Heyy
i was just wondering, i have my year 11 mocks in two weeks and i'm finding it really hard to concentrate on my revision right now. If i want to cover all my content i have to do like 4 subjects a day does anyone have any revision tips? This is really stressing me out since at my school your mocks are what decides if you can stay for sixth form or not. I'm like so confused and i don't know how to help myself.
thank u!

I would say try to balance everything out because realistically u wont be able to cover all content for 4 subjects a day so the best way is if u want to cover a range of subjects in a day, is to work out where you are weak in each of those subjects. Once you have that figured out you probably want to watch videos, make flashcards whatever works best for u and then make sure to practice a lot of questions on that topic - READ THE MARK SCHEME CAREFULLY - it doesn't matter if you get some wrong as long as you know what the mark scheme is looking for. These GCSE questions come up time and time again in a different context so make sure u know how to maximise getting the marks by reading the mark scheme. Try to enjoy the subjects as well - I know half the subjects at GCSE are boring but if you try to make it more interesting you will find concentrating on revision easier.
Good luck revising, I'm sure you will do great.
Reply 2
Original post by Lady A x
I would say try to balance everything out because realistically u wont be able to cover all content for 4 subjects a day so the best way is if u want to cover a range of subjects in a day, is to work out where you are weak in each of those subjects. Once you have that figured out you probably want to watch videos, make flashcards whatever works best for u and then make sure to practice a lot of questions on that topic - READ THE MARK SCHEME CAREFULLY - it doesn't matter if you get some wrong as long as you know what the mark scheme is looking for. These GCSE questions come up time and time again in a different context so make sure u know how to maximise getting the marks by reading the mark scheme. Try to enjoy the subjects as well - I know half the subjects at GCSE are boring but if you try to make it more interesting you will find concentrating on revision easier.
Good luck revising, I'm sure you will do great.

thank you so much i’ll try follow ur advice it looks super helpfull

Quick Reply

Latest