The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

What are you meant to wear to an applicant day?

Going to the compsci applicant day at Warwick and I was just going to wear jeans and a hoodie but my parents are telling me I should be wearing a shirt and tie. It's not an interview or anything, I already have an offer, so that seems like it'd be ridiculously overdressed. :s-smilie:
Reply 1
You aren't supposed to wear anything, everyone goes naked
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Wear whatever you want, it doesn't matter
Original post by JordanL_
Going to the compsci applicant day at Warwick and I was just going to wear jeans and a hoodie but my parents are telling me I should be wearing a shirt and tie. It's not an interview or anything, I already have an offer, so that seems like it'd be ridiculously overdressed. :s-smilie:

Jeans and a t-shirt, as long as they're clean and not ripped, is more than good enough.
Smart casual, don't wear a tie! Just some clean jeans and t-shirt as innerspeakers said. That's what guys at the Exeter Open Day wore
Clothes would be a good idea.
Original post by JW22
Wear whatever you want, it doesn't matter

Original post by innerspeakers
Jeans and a t-shirt, as long as they're clean and not ripped, is more than good enough.

Original post by redinthegrey
Smart casual, don't wear a tie! Just some clean jeans and t-shirt as innerspeakers said. That's what guys at the Exeter Open Day wore

Thanks for the answers.

Do people usually take their parents to these things?
Thanks for the answers.

Yes. In my experience (from working as a student ambassador at various applicant days) about 75% of people attending the applicant days bring parents. Others bring friends. Very few that I've seen come alone.
Reply 8
Thanks for the answers.

Most people do, a few people don't. I think you're overthinking this too much if you're worried about what to wear and bringing your parents, do whatever you're comfortable with
Original post by Paparazzo
Yes. In my experience (from working as a student ambassador at various applicant days) about 75% of people attending the applicant days bring parents. Others bring friends. Very few that I've seen come alone.

Original post by JW22
Most people do, a few people don't. I think you're overthinking this too much if you're worried about what to wear and bringing your parents, do whatever you're comfortable with

Yeah I always over think these things. Thanks for the responses!

Be comfortable, no one will remember who you are when you're there. No need to wear a tie. Perhaps smart casual - I wore a shirt and jeans for me applicant day last year.
Original post by Paparazzo

That's interesting. I've been to all of mine alone (Billy no mates :biggrin:). My parents were like 'people go with their parents?!'. Maybe their attitude is a working class thing. Lmao.
Reply 12

T-shirt and trousers will do

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest