The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Grey College 2016 offers thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Simonab
Same thing here, I'm still waiting to hear from Warwick and Edinburgh but I'm pretty sure to firm Durham.
I just hope everything's gonna be fine with the entry requirements 🍀

I'm still waiting for Edinburgh too, and Glasgow in my case...
I'm praying for the necessary results in the maturitá... What school do you go to? :-)
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by GigiRaffaeli
I'm still waiting for Edinburgh too, and Glasgow in my case...
I'm praying for the necessary results in the maturitá... What school do you go to? :-)

Same here! I need a 9 in maths and 95 in the maturità and what about you?
Anyway I go to a classico and you? :smile:
Original post by Simonab
Same here! I need a 9 in maths and 95 in the maturità and what about you?
Anyway I go to a classico and you? :smile:

95 in the maturitá! Me too :-)
Original post by modezz
pure math student here . anyone going to greys on the monday and.tuesday applicant day?

I'm going there on the 21st for the applicant day on the 22nd
Does anyone know what happens when you arrive at Greys? I'm aiming to get there at around 5ish so would I have to just stay in my room for the whole evening?
Reply 45
Original post by lukmanmiah
Does anyone know what happens when you arrive at Greys? I'm aiming to get there at around 5ish so would I have to just stay in my room for the whole evening?

I dunno if you already got the itinery (its on the fb page, just fyi) but at 6pm there's dinner and then after that they seem to have arranged some activities and stuff. So no, you really wouldnt have to
If anyone would like to join an existing whatsapp group pleaae let me know :-)
Original post by idkidc
I dunno if you already got the itinery (its on the fb page, just fyi) but at 6pm there's dinner and then after that they seem to have arranged some activities and stuff. So no, you really wouldnt have to

Yeah I just checked it, not looking forward to the karaoke bit
Reply 48
Yeah I just checked it, not looking forward to the karaoke bit

im going to be avoiding that bit, as i suspect most people might
Reply 49
Got an offer a few weeks ago for archaeology and ancient civilisations 😁 I've always lived in Durham so if anyone wants to know anything I'll see if I can help answer.
Original post by Cd1995
Got an offer a few weeks ago for archaeology and ancient civilisations 😁 I've always lived in Durham so if anyone wants to know anything I'll see if I can help answer.

Who does everyone support in football
Reply 51

Well half are Sunderland supporters and the other half Newcastle so there's sort of a feud between them. Darby days are good fun though

Liverpool.... and does anyone know if durham's nightlife is really as bad as people make out?
Currently a student at Grey studying Law, any questions just ask
Original post by jamesmact
Currently a student at Grey studying Law, any questions just ask

I've got an offer to study law at grey and I was just wondering what the purpose of the master of the college is and what Grey's master is like?
I've stayed at Grey and Van Mildert, the rooms at Grey (in my opinion) were dirty and dull. The college itself was also very dull and lacked any form of vibrancy - Van Mildert was pretty much the same.
I didn't apply to Durham so I'm not salty or anything I didn't get an offer, but why are the requirements so high when other Uni's are just as good if not better? I feel as though they give high offers based entirely upon the prestige rather than the actual student satisfaction or course content
Visited on Thursday, had a 1 on 1 with a prof, toured Grey and had a meeting with the international office overall I'm really impressed with the support structures the college system and the law school itself! I've firmed Durham and insured Edinburgh! See you all in October!
I was at Grey over Easter for a short residential. The dining hall and food was nice, the JCR was comfortable and had an enormous TV, and though my room looked a little dull and hotel like, it was spacious enough, clean and comfortable. The showers and toilets were shared on a corridor. There were six or seven enormous showers and about the same amount of toilets for each gender between my corridor of eight or nine and the next corridor over. I stayed in the Oswald block.

Quick Reply

Latest