The Student Room Group

Keele A100 Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rinski
Hi Charlotte,
I am in the same position as you :smile:! Let me know when you hear! This is really exciting! I was told that we should hear by the end of the week as well.

If I haven't heard by around 4 today I'll call but I'm fed up of waiting now 😔
Original post by Charlottemc1234
If I haven't heard by around 4 today I'll call but I'm fed up of waiting now 😔

I'd just phone up now if I were you! You've been waiting way too long!!
Original post by stephannalee
I'd just phone up now if I were you! You've been waiting way too long!!

I've rand again and the woman (who is lovely) said that she's been badgering the admissions tutor who still hasn't looked at some applications! She said she's going to speak to him and call me back but she said it's very unfair that we've had to wait so long, it feels as though we were forgotten about really. I hope after all of this trouble they give us interviews!!
Reply 1203
I've rand again and the woman (who is lovely) said that she's been badgering the admissions tutor who still hasn't looked at some applications! She said she's going to speak to him and call me back but she said it's very unfair that we've had to wait so long, it feels as though we were forgotten about really. I hope after all of this trouble they give us interviews!!

Oh wow! I was not expecting that!!
But it is too late now anyways, isnt it? I mean, the last interview is on the 23th .. and the 2 weeks prior notice have passed already.
Dont get me wrong, would be more than happy though to have less time to prepare if that means I get an interview :biggrin:
Well, fingers crossed!
For which course have you applied?
Thank you for calling!
Unfortunately I haven't been selected for interview. My degree doesn't have enough chemistry content in and I'm gutted as I turned down a job for this. I can't believe after all this waiting it's a rejection 😔
Unfortunately I haven't been selected for interview. My degree doesn't have enough chemistry content in and I'm gutted as I turned down a job for this. I can't believe after all this waiting it's a rejection 😔

I am so sorry! was really routing for you, are you planning on reapplying next year?
I am so sorry! was really routing for you, are you planning on reapplying next year?

Thank you means a lot, probably not. I can't take this rejection again to be honest
Thank you means a lot, probably not. I can't take this rejection again to be honest

Aww :frown: I don't remember did you apply as an undergrad as well as grad? Know how awful rejection feels, got straight rejections without interview as an undergrad :frown:
Aww :frown: I don't remember did you apply as an undergrad as well as grad? Know how awful rejection feels, got straight rejections without interview as an undergrad :frown:

Nope not before I've just lost all hope now so I'll have to think of another profession now
Nope not before I've just lost all hope now so I'll have to think of another profession now

If this was the 1st time you applied and you really were set on medicine, would really recommend taking a year out and getting a job as a health care assistant and applying again! I know how demoralising it can be hence me applying as a grad now having been rejected as an undergrad, and now I've got 2 interviews (fingers crossed for an offer). So if you really do have your heart set on it don't let med school rejection put you off (also you may think completely differently in a couple of weeks when you've had time for it to set in)
If this was the 1st time you applied and you really were set on medicine, would really recommend taking a year out and getting a job as a health care assistant and applying again! I know how demoralising it can be hence me applying as a grad now having been rejected as an undergrad, and now I've got 2 interviews (fingers crossed for an offer). So if you really do have your heart set on it don't let med school rejection put you off (also you may think completely differently in a couple of weeks when you've had time for it to set in)

Yeah I'll have a think about it I just don't want to do it again for the same outcome
Yeah I'll have a think about it I just don't want to do it again for the same outcome

Completely get you

I'm so so sorry about your rejection, it's crap I know I was rejected last year and I was depressed for like a week. But trust me if you really want it, think about your likeliness of getting an interview/offer next year if you reapplied. I get that it's a year, but I assume you're still young but once you get it, all the waiting and the rejections will be long forgotten. It's a daunting process and it drains you, so you can be upset, but please don't think it's the end of the road! Try and see a positive side, and I really hope you consider reapplying, you can become a great doctor! :smile:

I'm so sorry! I checked this thread to see if you'd got good news. Don't give up on the dream, it took me 3 attempts and 5 years to get in. Maybe try he gamsat for grad entry and then for undergrad entry they can see you know chemistry? I am sorry they've kept you waiting so long for bad news and I really feel for you. If you want any advice drop me a message.

Posted from TSR Mobile
URGENT QUESTION: Do we bring the original gcse certificate or copy? (for the interview)
Original post by HCAssistant93
I'm so sorry! I checked this thread to see if you'd got good news. Don't give up on the dream, it took me 3 attempts and 5 years to get in. Maybe try he gamsat for grad entry and then for undergrad entry they can see you know chemistry? I am sorry they've kept you waiting so long for bad news and I really feel for you. If you want any advice drop me a message.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you it's not so much the rejection, but how long they took to tell me this that bothers me. My degree transcripts were sent in November and I wasn't told until yesterday that the chemistry content wasn't enough and now I have no other options and I'm stuck. Had they told me sooner I could have accepted the job I was offered and at least have a good employment option. I don't want to carry on now though because I can't take this for another year I think I'll move into a different field of work but best of luck to any of you that have been offered an interview, I hope you get in!
Thank you it's not so much the rejection, but how long they took to tell me this that bothers me. My degree transcripts were sent in November and I wasn't told until yesterday that the chemistry content wasn't enough and now I have no other options and I'm stuck. Had they told me sooner I could have accepted the job I was offered and at least have a good employment option. I don't want to carry on now though because I can't take this for another year I think I'll move into a different field of work but best of luck to any of you that have been offered an interview, I hope you get in!

I am so so sorry Charlotte, I feel really gutted for you :frown: you are correct. It has been a long time. I would suggest you don't make any quick decisions now and re-think in a few weeks. I know how you feel about rejecting that job but TRUST me everything happens for a reason. One day you will look back and think it was for the best.
Good luck in whatever you decide to do. I know you'll succeed :smile:
Lots of love x
Reply 1217
Do they have your R+R form during your interview? :frown:
Original post by rosepetals12
URGENT QUESTION: Do we bring the original gcse certificate or copy? (for the interview)

Bring in your originals and they will take it and make a copy. Returning your originals back.
Reply 1219
are the practice maths question easier or harder than the real thing. can someone please reply :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending