The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medical School Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Nah, I basically mean on Firday

Original post by Junioh
do you think they would give out at the weekend tho :/
Reply 1422
I'm genuinely surprised I've got offers. Everyone else's CV is amazing and yet mine is just a bit crap comparatively.
Original post by Torel
I'm genuinely surprised I've got offers. Everyone else's CV is amazing and yet mine is just a bit crap comparatively.

Yeah, but you're obviously a modest decent guy. Stuff like that comes across at interviews (that's the whole point of interviews basically TBH)
Any odds on RUK offers tonight? Or do we think it's next week?
Reply 1425
There is a Facebook page for class of 2021 started by some of the current first year med students who can answer any questions you have about the course etc.
https://m.facebook.com/groups/1111002465606551

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AStephens2509
Any odds on RUK offers tonight? Or do we think it's next week?

Depends as to whether you believe in the alphabet system they are potentially using.

My opinion (could be far from correct) is that they are currently working through Scottish applicants and are around the M-O mark.

If the offers continue at this rate I would presume mid next week for the RUK/ other applicants.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Original post by Torel

TSR makes it out like you need years of volunteering etc to get in. In reality hardly anyone actually has it
I'm a current 4th year at Glasgow. Well done to everyone with offers but don't be downhearted if you haven't heard yet, quite a few people in my year got in at the last minute as not everyone takes up their offer and conditions are sometimes flexible.

In terms of choosing which uni to go to I wouldn't worry too much as studying medicine is unlike any other degree as everyone gets integrated through medic events pretty early on.

For anyone who is unfortunate this year, just persevere and reapply for next year. If you really want to be a doctor you've got to be committed to it.
Reply 1429
Any European heard anything yet?

I am curious to know, how do Scottish universities fare with English ones when it comes to international recognition. Say for example that I would like to work in Australia or New Zealand (since I do have some family ties there) after I finish foundation years (or even a bit later down the road, during core training). Does it make a difference?

Same thing with foundation schools. Does it make a difference?
(edited 8 years ago)
I have several friends that all graduated from Scottish Universities and had no bother finding jobs in Australia and New Zealand. The majority of UK universities are well respected for the quality of their medical graduates.
Is anyone going to the Glasgow applicants day on the 31st of this month?
Original post by Glennatron
I'm a current 4th year at Glasgow. Well done to everyone with offers but don't be downhearted if you haven't heard yet, quite a few people in my year got in at the last minute as not everyone takes up their offer and conditions are sometimes flexible.

In terms of choosing which uni to go to I wouldn't worry too much as studying medicine is unlike any other degree as everyone gets integrated through medic events pretty early on.

For anyone who is unfortunate this year, just persevere and reapply for next year. If you really want to be a doctor you've got to be committed to it.

Do you know if there are any more scottish offers coming out today or next monday? :/
Original post by Junioh
Do you know if there are any more scottish offers coming out today or next monday? :/

Junioh what are your stats if you dont mind me asking i cba looking over the last 70 pg and im losing hope cos everyone is getting something and they ALL have worse stats so idk what's up...i literally cannot live through another weekend without knowing.
Original post by tinababy
Junioh what are your stats if you dont mind me asking i cba looking over the last 70 pg and im losing hope cos everyone is getting something and they ALL have worse stats so idk what's up...i literally cannot live through another weekend without knowing.

tina, tbh stats won't matter too much, offers are dependent on the interview performances, and Im still waiting too...
Original post by Junioh
tina, tbh stats won't matter too much, offers are dependent on the interview performances, and I'm still waiting too...

I thought my interviews were good though, I felt I clicked with most people, I had suitable answers, I smiled idk what more I could have done.

What are they tho...:biggrin:
Original post by tinababy
I thought my interviews were good though, I felt I clicked with most people, I had suitable answers, I smiled idk what more I could have done.

What are they tho...:biggrin:

I felt good at the interview at the time, but not anymore tho...
Still refreshing my ucas track and email obsessively..
Original post by Junioh
I felt good at the interview at the time, but not anymore tho...
Still refreshing my ucas track and email obsessively..

Same I walked out of all three of them really quite happy and satisfied but now i'm thinking that perhaps I didn't do or say what they were looking for or idk maybe I did something wrong.

hahah me too i've got ucas, dundee's evision, tsr on glasgow and dundee up and im refreshing constantly...bet the moment i stop looking something will come :P
I have offers for Newcastle and Glasgow but I don't feel ready to start studying medicine, I'm not sure what to do! If they said we will take you in 2 years it'd be amazing but gahhhh, I don't feel mature enough
You're still lucky to have offers for such a great course...

But idk maybe ask to defer and take a gap year?

Original post by Sacred Ground
I have offers for Newcastle and Glasgow but I don't feel ready to start studying medicine, I'm not sure what to do! If they said we will take you in 2 years it'd be amazing but gahhhh, I don't feel mature enough

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending