The Student Room Group

Medicine Resit Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Abi1997
this thread has become quite dead. hows everyones applications going so far? any offers/rejections/interviews

Waiting on decisions for BSMS and Liverpool now post-interview (haven't got my hopes up haha), and for Plymouth to decide whether they definitely want me or not (I'm on the hold list).
Hopefully all of us will get some form of good news! :biggrin:
Original post by Abi1997
this thread has become quite dead. hows everyones applications going so far? any offers/rejections/interviews

Offer from Plymouth, got an interview at UEA coming up and rejections from Exeter and Lancaster.
Original post by JB Burns
Two rejections, East anglia and exeter.
Had an interview with liverpool and still no word from keele!
You?

Have an offer from plymouth, rejected from exeter, interviews from east anglia and liverpool:smile: hopefully it wont be too long of a wait. :biggrin: good luck guys
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Abi1997

Lucky! Rejections from Exeter, Liverpool and UEA, interview at BSMS tomorrow!
Hi all

Is anybody seriously considering studying medicine abroad if all your choices come back as rejected? After not being selected for medicine in the uk I am now aiming to study in Czech. I decided rather that than spending a lot to study biomed. Just wanted to gauge opinion.
Original post by Cooliomed
Hi all

Is anybody seriously considering studying medicine abroad if all your choices come back as rejected? After not being selected for medicine in the uk I am now aiming to study in Czech. I decided rather that than spending a lot to study biomed. Just wanted to gauge opinion.

Personally, If I were to not be selected and got the grades after resitting I would just opt for another gap year and maintain all my volunteer placements and work. As going abroad may sound easy, but its so difficult, the cultural and social life is sooo different from the UK; (I say this from knowing someone who has gone abroad). But you need to be able to adapt to learning basic language pretty fast. I would still say if you really want to go abroad, maybe first go and check the place out before you decide.
I know a lot of british students are travelling to countries such as Bulgaria where there is plovdiv medical school and pleven medical school and also my friend goes to the italian medical school. The plus is that the fees are cheaper ranging from £4000 to £7000.
Original post by Abi1997
Personally, If I were to not be selected and got the grades after resitting I would just opt for another gap year and maintain all my volunteer placements and work. As going abroad may sound easy, but its so difficult, the cultural and social life is sooo different from the UK; (I say this from knowing someone who has gone abroad). But you need to be able to adapt to learning basic language pretty fast. I would still say if you really want to go abroad, maybe first go and check the place out before you decide.
I know a lot of british students are travelling to countries such as Bulgaria where there is plovdiv medical school and pleven medical school and also my friend goes to the italian medical school. The plus is that the fees are cheaper ranging from £4000 to £7000.

Thanks. I looked at Bulgaria but to be honest Plovdiv was off my list when i found out about how the university had bought a "best university" award. Sounds like a shambles to be honest. Pleven is my third choice back up but looks like i am 100% focused on Czech now. I guess it should be hard so those that couldn't hack it don't become doctors.

Will see how it pans out.
Crunch time guys! How are things going? I hear some people have offers 👀
Original post by AnnekaChan173
Crunch time guys! How are things going? I hear some people have offers 👀

It's gone quite well, better than I ever expected ! You ?
Original post by GameofStones
It's gone quite well, better than I ever expected ! You ?

Tell me more, that sounds like an offer ( or more oooo)! Mine was okay I guess, I'm on a wait list so I'll find out what happens later on. Crossing fingers and toes!
Original post by AnnekaChan173
Tell me more, that sounds like an offer ( or more oooo)! Mine was okay I guess, I'm on a wait list so I'll find out what happens later on. Crossing fingers and toes!

Yeah offers from Plymouth and UEA which I didn't think was at all possible at the beginning of the year. Ahh the wait must be agonising but you never know if not enough people firm/insure your uni choice or get the grades than you're sorted! Hope the best for you though and things turn out the way you wanted them to!
Original post by GameofStones
Yeah offers from Plymouth and UEA which I didn't think was at all possible at the beginning of the year. Ahh the wait must be agonising but you never know if not enough people firm/insure your uni choice or get the grades than you're sorted! Hope the best for you though and things turn out the way you wanted them to!

Congrats, that's great :smile: I'm just hoping people firm elsewhere and then flop on results day, which sounds awful 😭 I guess we'll see how things turn out.
im in the same position as you @GameofStones! have offers from both too, might see you :biggrin:
Original post by Abi1997
im in the same position as you @GameofStones! have offers from both too, might see you :biggrin:

Do you mind if I ask you what your stats are? :smile: congrats on the offers btw!
Hello! I got A*AB in my A levels last year, was planning on doing re-sits and applying for medicine this year.. Thought it would be impossible to get in but I received 3 offers, 2 of which were unconditional so I no longer have to even do the re-sits! Over the moon, wish I had found this thread earlier for all the support! Such a stressful process to go through! Hope it works out for everyone else too!
Original post by ellsbells75
Hello! I got A*AB in my A levels last year, was planning on doing re-sits and applying for medicine this year.. Thought it would be impossible to get in but I received 3 offers, 2 of which were unconditional so I no longer have to even do the re-sits! Over the moon, wish I had found this thread earlier for all the support! Such a stressful process to go through! Hope it works out for everyone else too!

Wow that is really fantastic- congratulations and a massive well done! Where were your offers from and did you have extenuating circs?
Original post by samrosenwalker
Wow that is really fantastic- congratulations and a massive well done! Where were your offers from and did you have extenuating circs?

Plymouth, Dundee and Newcastle! Got rejected by Exeter pre-interview, and have firmed Newcastle! I did but the only university I notified of them was Dundee because they gave everyone a form to fill in with anything else they wanted the uni to consider! How has your application gone??
Original post by ellsbells75
Plymouth, Dundee and Newcastle! Got rejected by Exeter pre-interview, and have firmed Newcastle! I did but the only university I notified of them was Dundee because they gave everyone a form to fill in with anything else they wanted the uni to consider! How has your application gone??

Ah nice! Was plymouth an unconditional offer too? I'm applying for 2017 so still haven't quite decided yet!
Ah nice! Was plymouth an unconditional offer too? I'm applying for 2017 so still haven't quite decided yet!

No Dundee was the other one! I think it was my UKCAT score that got me through! Oh okay cool so did you apply this year for 2017 entry?
Do you mind if I ask you what your stats are? :smile: congrats on the offers btw!

Sorry I dont know why never saw this notif till now, but I have AAB, I'm resitting chemistry and maths to get A*A.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending