The Student Room Group

40 Days Of Solid Revision and Past Papers Enough to Get 4As?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kkboyk
Fair enough. Have you also tried YouTube?

ExamSolutions for maths is a very useful tool, although the tutorials aren't 100% tailored to the types of questions that can appear for Edexcel (the exam board for maths for most students)- eg S1 coding in one of the earlier chapters is not covered, nor are the 'wordier' questions like 'interpret the results', 'suggest why...' etc.
Original post by thad33
This.

Actually applying the knowledge will get you further than trying to memorise and "understand" the theory.

You create far more connections between the material that way.

Top advice from this guy.

An example of this from my own experience was when I wasted hours trying to understand why conventional current is shown to flow the other way to the direction of the electrons. I later learnt to not to fret.
Reply 22
Original post by Palette
An example of this from my own experience was when I wasted hours trying to understand why conventional current is shown to flow the other way to the direction of the electrons. I later learnt to not to fret.

I always used to read and try to understand every concept fully... When I got to answering questions I had no idea where to start.
Original post by samb1234
yes, I started at easter last year. it all comes down to how much you want to achieve your goals and what you're willing to do to get there

Provided you made notes, did you make the notes before Easter?
Original post by zigocarn
Provided you made notes, did you make the notes before Easter?

Started at easter, finished them like a week or two after
Started at easter, finished them like a week or two after

How many hours a day did you work? I haven't got any notes whatsoever. And my teachers have surely lost hope in me.
Original post by Carrot_Cake_13
How many hours a day did you work? I haven't got any notes whatsoever. And my teachers have surely lost hope in me.

Honestly idk, I worked until i'd finished something like a topic, a paper etc. Once I'd finished notes i probably did about 4 papers a day which would probably take me 3-4hours depending on the modules (that's when i didn't have school)
Of course. Have faith in yourself.
Thanks everyone :smile:
Honestly idk, I worked until i'd finished something like a topic, a paper etc. Once I'd finished notes i probably did about 4 papers a day which would probably take me 3-4hours depending on the modules (that's when i didn't have school)

does this 4 hours include time learning the notes too? or just papers? I was planning doing 10-12 hours a day for the 40 days
Original post by ronnydandam
does this 4 hours include time learning the notes too? or just papers? I was planning doing 10-12 hours a day for the 40 days

For me i memorise stuff by writing notes - for probably 90% of the content i don't have to go back and look at them, so on the whole it was maybe 4-5 max as i only had to look through notes when i forgot something (which happened less and less as time went by)
For me i memorise stuff by writing notes - for probably 90% of the content i don't have to go back and look at them, so on the whole it was maybe 4-5 max as i only had to look through notes when i forgot something (which happened less and less as time went by)

if i need to memorise them, is 10 hours a day enough? including papers
Original post by ronnydandam
if i need to memorise them, is 10 hours a day enough? including papers

I cant answer that and nor can anyone else- everyone is different so i cant comment on whether it is right for you
I cant answer that and nor can anyone else- everyone is different so i cant comment on whether it is right for you

fair enough, thanks. i hope it is loool

Quick Reply

Latest