The Student Room Group

IDF "bomb civilians for entertainment"

Scroll to see replies

The same IDF who treat islamic terrorists who are wounded trying to kill innocent people?
Original post by Lacesso
I'm sure it's completely unbiased

Bias has nothing to do with it. What matters is whether the facts are indeed facts. In this case the fact is what was supposedly said by an ex Isralie soldier. The question is did that happen and is this what he said. Then whether his testimony is true.

The bias is what conclusion you draw form that fact. I'm sure a racist genocidal far right Israeli would support and be fine with indiscriminately targeting Palestinians.

You can bring the bias into account when trying to asses whether the facts are true or not. In this case that fact isn't that far fetched considering sources you get from more reliable places like recognise human rights monitoring organisations.
(edited 8 years ago)
'Hey Shlomo, what do ya wanna do this evening?'

'I dunno Herschel, lets go blow millions of dollars for no good reason at all bombing people'

'Good idea, we'll definitely be allowed to do that'
Original post by KimKallstrom
I went on the website. It reads like a Hamas propaganda site. Even the about section is dropping J bombs lmao. You know how most of these people and sites give that transparent BS "we're anti-zionist, not anti Jew!" These guys don't even bother

Typical :rolleyes:
Original post by Mahmoud X
I mean that whilst I accept that soldiers in all armies generally have regrets for the human lives they ended, you have to be brain damaged, even a little to think that Israel a small cash-strapped nation surrounded by enemies would waste millions of dollars conducting bombing raids for entertainment.

Military operations are not like going to the supermarket for a grocery shop, it's not £10 on a tank of petrol and you're away.

Yeah, I try to base my view of reality on what actually happens. If the Israeli army fires randomly into civilians none provoked then that is what they do.
Original post by Bill_Gates
The same IDF who treat islamic terrorists who are wounded trying to kill innocent people?

Why not?

This schizophrenic attitude happens all the time in conflict zones.
Original post by teenhorrorstory
In an interview conducted on Tuesday with the Israeli soldier Arieh, 20, he said: “I was called to service early on July 2014 and was deployed to the Gaza Strip but until that time the operation [Operation Protective Edge] was not announced yet.

“Only some soldiers speculated that there will be war, but later our commander told us to imagine a 200 metre radius and to immediately shoot anything moving inside this circle.”

He stressed: “We bombed civilian targets for entertainment,” noting “one day at about 8am we went to the Al-Bureij; a densely populated refugee camp in central Gaza, and the commander told us to select a random target and shoot it.

“At the time we did not see any Hamas fighters, no one shot at us, but the commander told us jokingly: ‘We have to send Bureij a morning greeting from the Israeli army.’”

“I remember that one day, a soldier from our unit was killed and our commander asked us for revenge so I drew the tank randomly towards a huge white residential building, just four kilometres away from us and fired a shell at the 11th floor. I must have killed civilians who were absolutely innocent,” he continued.

- See more at: http://www.daysofpalestine.com/features/israeli-soldier-bombed-civilians-entertainment/#sthash.jycbMJcQ.dpuf

How likely is it that this account is true?? I'm so disgusted

It's highly likely.
The Israeli Military is well-known for stuff like this, and the UN's found it to be true. They've done little about it though.
On March 24 2009, a report from the UN team responsible for the protection of children in war zones was released: it found "hundreds" of violations of the rights of children and accused Israeli soldiers of using children as human shields, bulldozing a home with a woman and child still inside, and shelling a building they had ordered civilians into a day earlier. One case involved using an 11-year-old boy as a human shield, by forcing him to enter suspected buildings first and also inspect bags. The report also mentioned the boy was used as a shield when Israeli soldiers came under fire. The Guardian has also received testimony from three Palestinian brothers aged 14, 15, and 16, who all claimed to have been used as human shields.The UK newspaper The Guardian conducted an investigation of its own, which, according to the paper, uncovered evidence of war crimes including the use of Palestinian children as human shields.

What you should remember is that Hamas is a democratically elected government - so when Israel say they're bombing Hamas targets, that includes Palestinian government buildings.

At 11:30 am on December 27, 2008, Israel launched the campaign titled Operation Cast Lead.
It began with an opening wave of airstrikes in which F-16 fighter jets and AH-64 Apache attack helicopters simultaneously struck 100 preplanned targets within a span of 220 seconds.

The air strikes hit Hamas headquarters, government offices and 24 police stations. An Israeli UAV airstrike on the police headquarters of Gaza City killed 40 people, including several dozen police cadets at their graduation ceremony.
Original post by DMcGovern
It's highly likely.
The Israeli Military is well-known for stuff like this, and the UN's found it to be true. They've done little about it though.
On March 24 2009, a report from the UN team responsible for the protection of children in war zones was released: it found "hundreds" of violations of the rights of children and accused Israeli soldiers of using children as human shields, bulldozing a home with a woman and child still inside, and shelling a building they had ordered civilians into a day earlier. One case involved using an 11-year-old boy as a human shield, by forcing him to enter suspected buildings first and also inspect bags. The report also mentioned the boy was used as a shield when Israeli soldiers came under fire. The Guardian has also received testimony from three Palestinian brothers aged 14, 15, and 16, who all claimed to have been used as human shields.The UK newspaper The Guardian conducted an investigation of its own, which, according to the paper, uncovered evidence of war crimes including the use of Palestinian children as human shields.

What you should remember is that Hamas is a democratically elected government - so when Israel say they're bombing Hamas targets, that includes Palestinian government buildings.

At 11:30 am on December 27, 2008, Israel launched the campaign titled Operation Cast Lead.
It began with an opening wave of airstrikes in which F-16 fighter jets and AH-64 Apache attack helicopters simultaneously struck 100 preplanned targets within a span of 220 seconds.

The air strikes hit Hamas headquarters, government offices and 24 police stations. An Israeli UAV airstrike on the police headquarters of Gaza City killed 40 people, including several dozen police cadets at their graduation ceremony.

First off, he UN is well known for being anti-Israel.
Second off....
"The military wing of Hamas has launched attacks against Israeli soldiers and civilians. Tactics include suicide bombings, and since 2001, rocket attacks.[21][21][22][23][24][25][26] Hamas's rocket arsenal, though mainly consisting of short-range homemade Qassem rockets,[27] also includes long-range weapons that have reached major Israeli cities including Tel Aviv and Haifa.[28][29] The attacks on civilians have been condemned as war crimes and crimes against humanity by human rights groups such as Human Rights Watch.[30][31]" (Taken from the Wikipedia page on Hamas). Hamas may be a democratically elected Government, but they also breach human rights...

Hamas send rockets regularly at Israel with no provocation. This is the same Hamas that uses it's own children and women as well as other civilians as shields for its buildings. This is the same Hamas that brain washes Palestinian Children into killing Israelis and Jews.

Israel offers medical treatments to Palestinians and Jews alike. Israel offers medical treatments to the terrorists that try and kill Israeli lives.
I'm not saying Israel is perfect - but no country is, look at the UK, USA etc - but Hamas is far from it in comparison with Israel.
Israel values each Israeli life - Gilad Shalit was exchanged in a deal involving hundreds of terrorists. At least Israel protects its own civilian's lives unlike Hamas who use civilians to protect buildings.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
The source is from an Israeli human rights organisation http://www.breakingthesilence.org.il/

No, it isn't.
It's very likely to be true, not like this thing hasn't happened before in other countries, its just mainstream media wont report it
Original post by iwishicouldfly14
First off, he UN is well known for being anti-Israel.
Second off....
"The military wing of Hamas has launched attacks against Israeli soldiers and civilians. Tactics include suicide bombings, and since 2001, rocket attacks.[21][21][22][23][24][25][26] Hamas's rocket arsenal, though mainly consisting of short-range homemade Qassem rockets,[27] also includes long-range weapons that have reached major Israeli cities including Tel Aviv and Haifa.[28][29] The attacks on civilians have been condemned as war crimes and crimes against humanity by human rights groups such as Human Rights Watch.[30][31]" (Taken from the Wikipedia page on Hamas). Hamas may be a democratically elected Government, but they also breach human rights...

Hamas send rockets regularly at Israel with no provocation. This is the same Hamas that uses it's own children and women as well as other civilians as shields for its buildings. This is the same Hamas that brain washes Palestinian Children into killing Israelis and Jews.

Israel offers medical treatments to Palestinians and Jews alike. Israel offers medical treatments to the terrorists that try and kill Israeli lives.
I'm not saying Israel is perfect - but no country is, look at the UK, USA etc - but Hamas is far from it in comparison with Israel.
Israel values each Israeli life - Gilad Shalit was exchanged in a deal involving hundreds of terrorists. At least Israel protects its own civilian's lives unlike Hamas who use civilians to protect buildings.

Not true - Hamas' military wing using children as human shields is a myth; a video was shared online by the Israeli Army claiming it to be footage of Hamas using children as human shields, but this turned out to be a video of Syrian rebels from the year before.

The UN is not anti-Israel, in fact it approved the creation of the state of Israel in 1947.

You're clearly biased, there's no point in arguing with you.
Not true - Hamas' military wing using children as human shields is a myth; a video was shared online by the Israeli Army claiming it to be footage of Hamas using children as human shields, but this turned out to be a video of Syrian rebels from the year before.

The UN is not anti-Israel, in fact it approved the creation of the state of Israel in 1947.

You're clearly biased, there's no point in arguing with you.

First off, everyone here is biased - or they wouldn't be arguing this.
Second of all, the UN has changed since 1947 - that was over 60 years ago!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2753176/Hamas-DID-use-schools-hospitals-Gaza-Strip-human-shields-launch-rocket-attacks-Israel-admits-says-mistake.html
Read the above - Hamas literally admitted it.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2753176/Hamas-DID-use-schools-hospitals-Gaza-Strip-human-shields-launch-rocket-attacks-Israel-admits-says-mistake.html

Because the Daily Mail is a reliable source of information.
Gaza is a city. Any acts of war are going to be near civilian areas. They didn't use human shields.

"Increasingly, the discussion is not about whether the Hamas rockets were fired from civilian areas, but exactly how close they were to the actual buildings.
'The Israelis kept saying rockets were fired from schools or hospitals when in fact they were fired 200 or 300 meters (yards) away.'"

rekt.
Because the Daily Mail is a reliable source of information.
Gaza is a city. Any acts of war are going to be near civilian areas. They didn't use human shields.

"Increasingly, the discussion is not about whether the Hamas rockets were fired from civilian areas, but exactly how close they were to the actual buildings.
'The Israelis kept saying rockets were fired from schools or hospitals when in fact they were fired 200 or 300 meters (yards) away.'"

I'm not saying the Daily Mail is a reliable source of information - but Hamas have said that they don't deny it - and this appears in many places.

There are less densely populated areas - those could have been used.
Hamas still fired rockets from close to civilian areas - Yes, Israel should have been more careful in retaliation, but if Hamas truly cared about the lives of their civilians - this wouldn't have happened.

rekt.

Am I being "rekt"? Or who I'm arguing with?
Am I being "rekt"? Or who I'm arguing with?

The people you are arguing with.

rekt by their own stupidity.
I'm not saying the Daily Mail is a reliable source of information - but Hamas have said that they don't deny it - and this appears in many places.

There are less densely populated areas - those could have been used.
Hamas still fired rockets from close to civilian areas - Yes, Israel should have been more careful in retaliation, but if Hamas truly cared about the lives of their civilians - this wouldn't have happened.

they are martyrs doe

72 virgins innit bruv

more pussy that a cat shelter
The people you are arguing with.

rekt by their own stupidity.

Just cause someone has opposing opinions, doesn't mean they're stupid....
But thanks for that.
Just cause someone has opposing opinions, doesn't mean they're stupid....
But thanks for that.

Most of them are stupid, on this website there is literally only one intelligent pro-Palestine poster.

I mean we're arguing on a thread where the topic is a story I cannot find in any non-partisan publication, either the Jewish conspiracy managed to shut it down, or we're being lied to.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending