The Student Room Group

UFC 196 - McGregor vs Diaz - who are you picking

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Assan
Haha no way! I found Tate vs Holm kind of boring actually. Besides Rousey fights, I have to say I like JJ and Miriam Nakamoto (Muay Thai not MMA). In fact, quite a few of the pure MT women are really great to watch

Might be a difference in preference of what we prefer to watch :wink:

I really can't stand watching MT despite doing it for a year myself!
Reply 101
Original post by TorpidPhil
Might be a difference in preference of what we prefer to watch :wink:

I agree. I did MT for 9 years and loved it, but can't watch it. I find the fights too rhythmic and repetitive. MMA has a lot of variety and unpredictability.
Original post by kalclash
I agree. I did MT for 9 years and loved it, but can't watch it. I find the fights too rhythmic and repetitive. MMA has a lot of variety and unpredictability.

Which is why cage-fighting is banned in Thailand :wink:
Reply 103
[QUOTE=kalclash;63400911]I agree. I did MT for 9 years and loved it, but can't watch it. I find the fights too rhythmic and repetitive. MMA has a lot of variety and unpredictability.

[QUOTE=TorpidPhil;63400597]Might be a difference in preference of what we prefer to watch :wink:

Different strokes indeed. Practicing MT is what makes me love to watch it! Especially women fighters. Lots of technique since they often can't rely on brute force
Reply 104
Original post by Assan
Different strokes indeed. Practicing MT is what makes me love to watch it! Especially women fighters. Lots of technique since they often can't rely on brute force

I think also watching TB just makes me want to get involved and do it again. MMA I know for a fact that I would get taken down and smashed, so I can just appreciate it for what it is without having impulses to get in there...

Quick Reply

Latest