The Student Room Group

Best pen for exams?

I currently use the pilot frixion pens but I cannot use these in the exams because they are heat sensitive. Could anyone recommend any similar pens? I struggle using biros because my writing goes quite patchy and there ends up being white bits in my writing. I am not sure why because I press reasonably hard when I write. Anyway, any help would be much appreciated!

Scroll to see replies

Berol pens or those pens that you get from fundraisers and charities.
Have you tried gel pens or fineliners?
Original post by Smidge_midge
Have you tried gel pens or fineliners?

Gel pens aren't allowed in exams. Well, AQA anyway. And fineliners are frowned upon because the ink can go through the page.
Reply 4
No I haven't. Thank you for your help!
Reply 5
Them ones you can rob from Argos are sick fam
Reply 6
Original post by hxfsxh
Gel pens aren't allowed in exams. Well, AQA anyway. And fineliners are frowned upon because the ink can go through the page.

I use AQA, Edexcel, Edexcel iGCSE, and OCR
Reply 7
Original post by Ekno
Them ones you can rob from Argos are sick fam

I'm not keen on those, they're kind of like biros so my writing goes funny :frown:
I ask the same question too! So I sent an email to the examboard and they said no to gel pens. I asked "why?" and essentially they said "cos JCQ says you can't, deal with it" Not sure about fineliners tho.

Same, I can't deal with biros :/
Original post by daisie
I use AQA, Edexcel, Edexcel iGCSE, and OCR

Definitely don't use fineliners for AQA and Edexcel. They quote in the examination rules that fineliners aren't the best pens to use.
I don't know about OCR.
Try to use a biro or something similar.
Reply 10
Original post by simply_a_ Δ
I ask the same question too! So I sent an email to the examboard and they said no to gel pens. I asked "why?" and essentially they said "cos JCQ says you can't, deal with it" Not sure about fineliners tho.

Same, I can't deal with biros :/

Thanks! I will avoid gel pens then!
Reply 11
Original post by hxfsxh
Definitely don't use fineliners for AQA and Edexcel. They quote in the examination rules that fineliners aren't the best pens to use.
I don't know about OCR.
Try to use a biro or something similar.

Ok thank you :smile:
simple black Biro pen.
Reply 13
Original post by SuperHuman98
simple black Biro pen.

I can't write properly in biros :/

I always use the black ink one for exams
bic.jpg Always use a Bic.
pencil
I use the bic softfeel clic grip in black, it grips so the pen doesn't slip when i'm trying to write fast and I just find it goes on the page smooth and allows me to go as fast as possible really
one with ink

Quick Reply

Latest