The Student Room Group

Is it worth buying a laptop for sixth form?

I’m doing History, English and most likely an EPQ this September (I still haven’t decided on my 3rd option, waiting for results as I’m not the best in other subjects) and since there’s a lot of coursework and essay writing involved, would it be worth buying a laptop? Or has anyone done essay based subjects just hand writing everything and found it alright
Original post by generous-leaflet
I’m doing History, English and most likely an EPQ this September (I still haven’t decided on my 3rd option, waiting for results as I’m not the best in other subjects) and since there’s a lot of coursework and essay writing involved, would it be worth buying a laptop? Or has anyone done essay based subjects just hand writing everything and found it alright

My friend that did english wrote essays by hand, since in the exam, he would write with a pen. It is good to practice with a pen to increase the speed of your writing. Unless during exams, you have special access arrangements to type
For the EPQ (and any other coursework elements) I would use a laptop so that you can edit and improve your work.

The writing essays by pen for practise idea is good as you will need to be very able to do this at speed by the exams.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending