The Student Room Group

The Cricket Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Reply 860
Original post by SAhm95
bangladesh vs pak whose watching?

Thread here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3931979
Curious to see how this fairly inexperienced England bowling line up goes. I don't think there's a more destructive batting lineup should things click for the Windies
Reply 862
Original post by The Wavefunction
Curious to see how this fairly inexperienced England bowling line up goes. I don't think there's a more destructive batting lineup should things click for the Windies

Surprised Samuel Badree took the new ball as opposed to Russell.
Original post by Mackay
Surprised Samuel Badree took the new ball as opposed to Russell.

Started well, but being punished now. Russell will be key at the death, but surely could've had an over or two with the new ball
Reply 864
Started well, but being punished now. Russell will be key at the death, but surely could've had an over or two with the new ball

Sensible move from Morgan to shift Buttler to four. We can't afford to leave batting in the dugout during these types of matches.
Original post by Mackay
Sensible move from Morgan to shift Buttler to four. We can't afford to leave batting in the dugout during these types of matches.

Unless you're 2 down early on, I think it's common sense to put Buttler at 4. Gonna be a real good chase, think it's gonna go down to ththe last few balls. If England are gonna lose I want to see Gayle go big, love watching him obliterate teams. Sammy and Russell will be key later on in the innings, I feel.
How poor must the domestic Caribbean wicket keepers be that Dinesh Ramdin has spent so long in this West Indies side?
Reply 867
Unless you're 2 down early on, I think it's common sense to put Buttler at 4. Gonna be a real good chase, think it's gonna go down to ththe last few balls. If England are gonna lose I want to see Gayle go big, love watching him obliterate teams. Sammy and Russell will be key later on in the innings, I feel.

All Chris Gayle this game. Hales and Roy took too long to get going, England have the potential to go far with this team though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JRP95
All Chris Gayle this game. Hales and Roy took too long to get going, England have the potential to go far with this team though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

When he's in that mood there isn't much you can do.
If you don't get Chris Gayle out early, you simply can't win any game. That WI batting lineup could win this tournament you know!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 870
Chris Gayle is an exceptional batsman - but it must be remembered that England's bowling attack was woeful today.

Indeed, both teams served up some putrid bowling. The length and line was all wrong from both teams, and it's no surprise the extras column ran up to significant numbers in both innings.

Gayle capitalised on England's lack of a stellar wicket taker, and lack of good variety. Topley and Rashid, and Moeen too, simply aren't good enough to be leading bowlers.

England plodded along in the middle overs, too. Root told Sky that their total was "above par" - but that's nonsense. They were too timid and too slow in scoring.

Gayle is a one-of-a-kind, mercurial batsman. It was he and Afridi's day.
Another abysmal performance with the ball and in the field from England. Chris Jordan is not an international quality bowler, and neither is Topley.

Think this'll need a Buttler special for England to win.
Reply 872
Another abysmal performance with the ball and in the field from England. Chris Jordan is not an international quality bowler, and neither is Topley.

Think this'll need a Buttler special for England to win.

A great cameo from Buttler - but he's just gone for 21 off Tahir. Ten an over required, with a slippery outfield.
England won! So not out of the tournament if they lose to Afghanistan.
Reply 874
If England go far, you'd expect Root to be the player of the tournament. Fantastic pair of innings so far. Today's must rank as his best knock in T20s.
I am a little ancious about today's game against Afghanistan. Englsnd face a team who are no pushovers and need a win with a high run rate.
Reply 876
Well, well, well.

No surprises Topley is dropped - the man has looked a shell of his self, lacking confidence and quality throughout his tour of the sub-continent. I am surprised Morgan hasn't thrown in another slow bowler, though. I thought Dawson would make his debut, giving England the option of three spinners (plus Root, who can turn the ball too).

As it is, Plunkett is deployed. The other change comes with Vince replacing Hales, who had a back spasm in training yesterday I think.

England batting first.
Original post by Mackay
Well, well, well.

No surprises Topley is dropped - the man has looked a shell of his self, lacking confidence and quality throughout his tour of the sub-continent. I am surprised Morgan hasn't thrown in another slow bowler, though. I thought Dawson would make his debut, giving England the option of three spinners (plus Root, who can turn the ball too).

As it is, Plunkett is deployed. The other change comes with Vince replacing Hales, who had a back spasm in training yesterday I think.

England batting first.

This is going well
Superb first 18 from Afghanistan, and then Hamza shows exactly how not to bowl at the death; everything was in the slot, he was lucky to go for 25.

Ali with a potentially match saving innings, you feel it all depends on how Shazad starts for Afghanistan.

Also, what is the point in this win predictor nonsense? Pointless
Reply 879
Original post by Angry cucumber
This is going well

Without that partnership between Moeen and Willey, it would have eclipsed the Netherlands debacle.

Also, what is the point in this win predictor nonsense? Pointless

Horrendous, isn't it.

Quick Reply

Latest