The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

I'm struggling to decide which accommodation to pick

Hi, i have a conditional offer for cardiff but in not sure which accommodation to apply to. I have a medical condition that ive been told by disability services means i am allowed to keep a fridge in my room. I also want to be social and go out at night and such. This has led me to a problem, while both Talybont North and South are known for being lively, but apparently the rooms+kitchens are quite small. Court and Gate apparantly are bigger for both rooms and the kitchen area, but ive heard it quiter and i worry about it not being social enough for what i want.
So i need advice,
Hiya!

I'm Fatiha and I lived in Talybont North in first year. I would say that its important to prioritise your comfort and safety first! :smile: Talybont South is known for their parties - and whilst it does get a little crazy - that doesn't mean the other ones are less sociable. Unless you apply for quiet living, there's usually something happening, so I wouldn't worry about it too much!

The Student Union holds weekly club nights and parties often, and if you found yourself struggling to have a night out with your flatmates for any reason, there are many societies in our student union. No matter what kind of extracurriculars you're into, most societies do optional night outs.

I would say I agree in that North and South are definitely a lot smaller! North is pretty small, probably the smallest accommodation, and I would say South is slightly bigger but still quite small. I think it all really depends on your needs :smile:

Hope that helped!

- Fatiha, Cardiff Uni Student Rep
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending