The Student Room Group

Freemasons?

I am a Freemason, wear a Masonic ring on my hand.

I am in my 20's, but wondered what people's general conceptions/thoughts/attitudes were towards us?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Why would you wear a ring to pronounce your membership of what is supposed to be a secretive organization?
Original post by Howard
Why would you wear a ring to pronounce your membership of what is supposed to be a secretive organization?

It's not that secretive, you can literally ask to join and provided you fulfill some fairly easy requirements they let you in.
My form tutor at my high school was a freemason... well he was my form tutor until me and my friend found out - then he left the school.

Do you normally hide the symbol in your ring?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Howard

Because I am proud to belong? Because it is my right? Because we are not secretive at all, we clearly advertise our symbols, you can find our websites, even find us in the phone book?
Reply 5
Original post by chemting
My form tutor at my high school was a freemason... well he was my form tutor until me and my friend found out - then he left the school.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have a swivel ring, so if I press it, it just shows pure gold, but I never hide it, but I would right away if an employer for instance made an objection to it.
Reply 6
Original post by Feel Tha Bern
It's not that secretive, you can literally ask to join and provided you fulfill some fairly easy requirements they let you in.

I know. I was an entered apprentice myself but never took it beyond that. It's seems to be an organization without much of a purpose.
Reply 7

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOL! So your tutor left the school because your friend found out he was a FM? I call BS.
Original post by Howard
I know. I was an entered apprentice myself but never took it beyond that. It's seems to be an organization without much of a purpose.

It's basically a social club for older guys who want to meet people and do some charity work, not particularly scary but kinda meh.
Reply 9
Original post by Howard

Have sent you PM
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous
I have a swivel ring, so if I press it, it just shows pure gold, but I never hide it, but I would right away if an employer for instance made an objection to it.

LOL! Yeh. Freemasons standing up for freedom of expression and liberty. You can sure count on those boys!
Original post by Howard
LOL! So your tutor left the school because your friend found out he was a FM? I call BS.

Lol no the real reason he left was because he found a better job - it just happened to be after we found out... but I'm not lying, he was a freemason - or something like that

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Howard
LOL! Yeh. Freemasons standing up for freedom of expression and liberty. You can sure count on those boys!

I am not entirely sure you are indeed as you claim one of us. Please answer my PM.

Oh wow that's pretty cool. He just used to hide the symbol between his fingers, so I'm not sure if his ring was this fancy or not.

Do any of your acquaintance/friends/relatives know?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh wow that's pretty cool. He just used to hide the symbol between his fingers, so I'm not sure if his ring was this fancy or not.

Do any of your acquaintance/friends/relatives know?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah my family know, and my closest friend knows. I don't like, broadcast it. Sure, I wear the ring and I will not deny my membership if directly asked, but I didn't like take an advert out in the paper :wink:
Yeah my family know, and my closest friend knows. I don't like, broadcast it. Sure, I wear the ring and I will not deny my membership if directly asked, but I didn't like take an advert out in the paper :wink:

Ha! Yeah course not I understand.

Is there a rigid hierarchy/power structure to the organisation? You don't have to answer that ofc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ha! Yeah course not I understand.

Is there a rigid hierarchy/power structure to the organisation? You don't have to answer that ofc

Posted from TSR Mobile

There is ranks, yes. We talk of different degrees, and the higher number would seem to imply they are higher, more powerful, which is not true. I myself am a 6th Degree.

But, once you get you your 3rd degree, thats it: you are fully eligible to take/run for office etc, and your now a fully fledged member. We have guys in charge (provincial grand lodge and the guys who control them, grand lodge).
Reply 17
I am not entirely sure you are indeed as you claim one of us. Please answer my PM.

I'm certainly not one of you.

I took first degree in about 1998 and have had nothing to do with it ever since. I have no interest in it.
Original post by Howard
I'm certainly not one of you.

I took first degree in about 1998 and have had nothing to do with it ever since. I have no interest in it.

And yet when pressed about it, you provided the wrong password.

It is a very distinctive word, not one readily forgotten. I joined approx 7 years ago, and still remember it, every for the respective degrees. Your inability to actually provide the right word, in addition to your dismissive atittude, and aggressive stance lead me to conclude that you are a liar, who is now trying to camouflage his dishonesty.

How sad. You couldn't be one of us: you lack the moral fibre.
Reply 19
I am a Freemason, wear a Masonic ring on my hand.

I am in my 20's, but wondered what people's general conceptions/thoughts/attitudes were towards us?

Marry me, I find that super hot. :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending