The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Uob accommodation help

I am unable to attent any open days and need urgent help!

I would like to get en suite accommodation that is self-catered.

Any preferences? If any are worth the money, good environment etc.

I would really appreciate the help!!!
Reply 1
Original post by Walkingdeadlover
I am unable to attent any open days and need urgent help!

I would like to get en suite accommodation that is self-catered.

Any preferences? If any are worth the money, good environment etc.

I would really appreciate the help!!!

I went for the accommodation day with my son yesterday. He has decided on
Shackleton - meal plan
Elgar - meal plan
Chamberlain - meal plan
Mason - self catered
Jarrett Hall - self catered

All were pretty good but Mason's wet room is a bit worrying. I can see my son flooding the whole campus with his half hour showers every morning! Jarrett Hall had a nice feel about it and is close to the Uni, shops and bars so my son has put it down as his back up to where he really wants to be which is on the Vale.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
There are 6 halls that are en-suite and self-catered. 4 of these are partner accommodation, 1 is on the vale and the other is in Selly Oak Village.
The prices range from £5,460 to £6,214.

I think for my first year I'd definitely try to get a room on the Vale. 3500 of the 5780 freshers who want university accommodation are on the Vale. Best atmosphere and student living experience - so I am told. I'd therefore recommend Mason to you - although it is the most expensive of the en-suite/self-catered halls.
Reply 3
Thought it was worth mentioning that Oakley court in Pritchetts Park has duplex rooms- a bathroom shared between two, which is £1000 cheaper than ensuite self catered rooms in Jarratt, Victoria and mason. Had a look round at the accommodation open day yesterday and was very impressed by their kitchen facilities. So if you're like me and would prefer not to spend as much for an ensuite but still would prefer not to share a bathroom between say 5 or 6 students, Oakley is a great option :smile:
Original post by ReeceM1
There are 6 halls that are en-suite and self-catered. 4 of these are partner accommodation, 1 is on the vale and the other is in Selly Oak Village.
The prices range from £5,460 to £6,214.

I think for my first year I'd definitely try to get a room on the Vale. 3500 of the 5780 freshers who want university accommodation are on the Vale. Best atmosphere and student living experience - so I am told. I'd therefore recommend Mason to you - although it is the most expensive of the en-suite/self-catered halls.

whats Mason like?? I've heard some bad things that it isn't very sociable and the wet rooms are a nightmare?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending