The Student Room Group

Accommodation for University of Birmingham - medical school applicant :)

soo i have sort of being stressing on accommodations which is silly but i genuinely don’t know what to pick.
i do have certain priorities of what i am looking for and just wanted to come on here and ask for like advice. I tried watching yt videos about thisss but yea just thought i could get some ops from others.

But basically I want an accommodation which is not far from the medical school so then I naturally started to look into Prittchart Park houses and the flats and they look really nice however I haven’t heard any ops about which I found soo strange. I saw a med youtube said not to apply to that one because of it being quite isolated from the rest of accommodations as it is not on vale or selly oak. But it is like really really close to the medical school. I don’t knowww because I want to be with other medics tooo because of that relatability aspect and so on. But then i do want a bit of the social aspect too so i looked at the selly oak accommodations which are slightly further away from the medical school but they are really nice too like the Metal Works so i don’t knowww i can’t choose.

Ideally I would like to be where other medics are tooo and close to the medical school

tysm for reading and hope someone replies :smile:)
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by tinkerbell24.
soo i have sort of being stressing on accommodations which is silly but i genuinely don’t know what to pick.
i do have certain priorities of what i am looking for and just wanted to come on here and ask for like advice. I tried watching yt videos about thisss but yea just thought i could get some ops from others.
But basically I want an accommodation which is not far from the medical school so then I naturally started to look into Prittchart Park houses and the flats and they look really nice however I haven’t heard any ops about which I found soo strange. I saw a med youtube said not to apply to that one because of it being quite isolated from the rest of accommodations as it is not on vale or selly oak. But it is like really really close to the medical school. I don’t knowww because I want to be with other medics tooo because of that relatability aspect and so on. But then i do want a bit of the social aspect too so i looked at the selly oak accommodations which are slightly further away from the medical school but they are really nice too like the Metal Works so i don’t knowww i can’t choose.
Ideally I would like to be where other medics are tooo and close to the medical school
tysm for reading and hope someone applies :smile:)
hey, im doing med at uob rn and have a few friends staying at pritchatts, the rooms are rlly nice and the kitchens are quite big but u do share w 7 ppl i think. The bathrooms are a bit small tho. In terms of the social aspect, i would say the vale is the best, but its definitely a bit more of a trek in the mornings!
I'm at Metalworks and there r quite a lot of medics here too and we've got lots of shops nearby so food shops are easier compared to Pritchatts where u need to go to Harborne.

hope this helps, lmk if u have any other qs x
Original post by peppapiggg007
hey, im doing med at uob rn and have a few friends staying at pritchatts, the rooms are rlly nice and the kitchens are quite big but u do share w 7 ppl i think. The bathrooms are a bit small tho. In terms of the social aspect, i would say the vale is the best, but its definitely a bit more of a trek in the mornings!
I'm at Metalworks and there r quite a lot of medics here too and we've got lots of shops nearby so food shops are easier compared to Pritchatts where u need to go to Harborne.
omg tysm for replying!! but yeaa the vale is like quite farr and i know the vibe there is rlly rlly social so i guess i would rather be either at selly or pritchatts. Also you know how they made new renevations in pritchatts from the ppl you know what are their opinions? i know it’s really close to the medical school but i heard something about it being a bit one its own unlike selly as its close to everythingg soo what would you recommend? especially because you live at metalworks too

yeaa and also with being with lots of meds do you think most medics stay at pritchatts or selly?

again tysm for replying, really appreciate it!
Original post by tinkerbell24.
omg tysm for replying!! but yeaa the vale is like quite farr and i know the vibe there is rlly rlly social so i guess i would rather be either at selly or pritchatts. Also you know how they made new renevations in pritchatts from the ppl you know what are their opinions? i know it’s really close to the medical school but i heard something about it being a bit one its own unlike selly as its close to everythingg soo what would you recommend? especially because you live at metalworks too
yeaa and also with being with lots of meds do you think most medics stay at pritchatts or selly?
again tysm for replying, really appreciate it!
sorry for the late reply but i've heard that the bathrooms in the newly renovated ones are nicer and bigger and the kitchens are a lot more modern. Personally I would recommend selly over pritchatts just because we have everything nearby such as shops and pubs and stuff for more social events!
but more medics definitely stay at pritchatts.
Reply 4

how far would you say the vale is from the med school? i've looked at the uob virtual map and it looks incredible far away lol.
Reply 5

and how far is the med school from main campus?
sorry for the late reply but i've heard that the bathrooms in the newly renovated ones are nicer and bigger and the kitchens are a lot more modern. Personally I would recommend selly over pritchatts just because we have everything nearby such as shops and pubs and stuff for more social events!
but more medics definitely stay at pritchatts.

ahhh it’s okay but that thanks so much for the advice!
Hi i have an accommodation available in birmingham B15 i’m looking for someone to takeover my tenancy please,
Original post by wondji
how far would you say the vale is from the med school? i've looked at the uob virtual map and it looks incredible far away lol.

i would say its like a 25ish min walk
Original post by wondji
and how far is the med school from main campus?
its around 10 mins
Reply 10
its around 10 mins

thank u x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending