The Student Room Group

How revision going everyone ?

For me could be going better but have something like 53 days left till first exams so i have lots of time ... hahah no :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CountTesla
For me could be going better but have something like 53 days left till first exams so i have lots of time ... hahah no :frown:

Going to start at easter :biggrin:
Been on holidays for 3 days, should have done 6 Past papers by now.... Done two.

Looking good.
Reply 3
Original post by Barney6262
Been on holidays for 3 days, should have done 6 Past papers by now.... Done two.

Looking good.

Need to nail the, S2 papers
Reply 4
Original post by Logic4Life
Going to start at easter :biggrin:

this year went fast huh ?
Need to nail the, S2 papers

I'm retaking S2, did it at As lvl. Got 52UMS (D). still got an A in further maths overall, but I want to make sure if I drop the ball on FP2, M2 or M3 then S2 wont drag me to a B... (Aiming for an A)
Reply 6
I'm retaking S2, did it at As lvl. Got 52UMS (D). still got an A in further maths overall, but I want to make sure if I drop the ball on FP2, M2 or M3 then S2 wont drag me to a B... (Aiming for an A)

did you get high marks in fp1 and m1 for you to get A overall ?
its 240 ums for an A ?
did you get high marks in fp1 and m1 for you to get A overall ?
its 240 ums for an A ?

We did unusual topics,
Maths: C1,C2,D1
Further Maths: FP1, S1, S2

I got 97/98 in C1 C2 and 86 in D1, S1 and D1 was swapped around so I got an A in both Maths and Further maths. Although the FM A was cutting it close...

Doing this year:

Maths: C3, C4, M1
Further maths: FP2, M2, M3

Hoping for A* in maths and A in FM.
Reply 8
We did unusual topics,

I got 97/98 in C1 C2 and 86 in D1, S1 and D1 was swapped around so I got an A in both Maths and Further maths. Although the FM A was cutting it close...

Doing this year:

Honestly good luck .. I'm aiming for 85% in C1 C2 and S1 sounds impossible to me right now
Honestly good luck .. I'm aiming for 85% in C1 C2 and S1 sounds impossible to me right now

C1 and C2 are fairly easy if you know your stuff, do past papers and CHECK FOR MISTAKES in the actual test...

I too find the stats modules hideous and boring so I just find them tedious to study and then do badly in the tests...

Mechanics are my favorite because you can just think about it logically in the real world and work it out most of the time without needing to actually learn most of it...
On track.

I'll be finished with all of the content by the end of March, so I can use April purely for past papers. I'm planning to do two per day minimum.
Reply 11
Original post by Abstract_Prism
On track.

I'll be finished with all of the content by the end of March, so I can use April purely for past papers. I'm planning to do two per day minimum.

what subjects do you study ?
Reply 13
C1 and C2 are fairly easy if you know your stuff, do past papers and CHECK FOR MISTAKES in the actual test...

I too find the stats modules hideous and boring so I just find them tedious to study and then do badly in the tests...

Mechanics are my favorite because you can just think about it logically in the real world and work it out most of the time without needing to actually learn most of it...

what uni offers did you get ?
what subjects do you study ?

History, Politics, Lit, and BTEC Applied Law, which requires no revision.
We did unusual topics,

Doing this year:

I'm fixating on the 'You did D1' angle atm, did you do Simplex algorithm, and is there an easier or faster way to do it
Reply 16
Original post by Abstract_Prism
History, Politics, Lit, and BTEC Applied Law, which requires no revision.

I do maths , FT maths and physics

Really bad... as in non-existant :/
Reply 18
Original post by #sarahsmith2
Really bad... as in non-existant :/

doesnt sound good
what uni offers did you get ?

For Mechanical engineering (Meng)

Southampton : A*AA
Birmingham : Unconditional (First Choice)
AAA (Second Choice)
Loughborough : AAA
Exeter : AAA

I applied to bath and they emailed me saying I had not got a place on the Mechanical engineering course. They offered me a place on the IMEE course (mechanical and electronic engineering) I thought I had replied so was expecting the offer on UCAS track, but the offer didn't come through and realised yahoo hadn't actually sent my reply.... so thanks for that yahoo...

They only gave me 3 days to reply to their email (over the weekend and monday) but I was away in sennybridge for CCF training so I didnt see the email until the day I was meant to reply so it was cutting it close anyway.

I was debating between Southampton and bath as my first choice. I decided to go with Southampton before all this but the way bath handled my application made me certain I wanted to go to Southampton instead.

Quick Reply

Latest