The Student Room Group

AQA Religious studies

Hi Guys,

I'm homeschooled and taking a couple of exams early - this year.

One of them is the AQA Religious studies, Spef - Unit 1 & 6. I've chosen the Religions; Islam and Christianity.

I was wondering if anyone has any tips/notes/revision notes that maybe of some use :smile:

Thanks in advance & Good luck to everyone with their exams this year! :cool:x
Original post by yasmeenak
Hi Guys,

I'm homeschooled and taking a couple of exams early - this year.

One of them is the AQA Religious studies, Spef - Unit 1 & 6. I've chosen the Religions; Islam and Christianity.

I was wondering if anyone has any tips/notes/revision notes that maybe of some use :smile:

Thanks in advance & Good luck to everyone with their exams this year! :cool:x

Hey!

I'm not on the same exam board and I'm just doing straight Christianity but I do know how I revise. At the moment I'm getting A*s and my teacher is really bad so my class are all teaching ourselves.

For each topic try to make a broadsheet. This is basically like a mindmap but you put everything you need to know on an a3 piece of paper. When I say everything I mean EVERYTHING, all of the arguments and information.

After you've got that down, choose a few quotes for each topic that you want to be able to use. Quotes are really useful and show the examiner that you know what you're talking about, or at least they hopefully do. :smile:

After that just do past papers and questions. Religious studies is really easy as long as you know the content well and have the quotes to back up your arguments.

Good luck to you too! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Ara8311a
Hey!

I'm not on the same exam board and I'm just doing straight Christianity but I do know how I revise. At the moment I'm getting A*s and my teacher is really bad so my class are all teaching ourselves.

For each topic try to make a broadsheet. This is basically like a mindmap but you put everything you need to know on an a3 piece of paper. When I say everything I mean EVERYTHING, all of the arguments and information.

After you've got that down, choose a few quotes for each topic that you want to be able to use. Quotes are really useful and show the examiner that you know what you're talking about, or at least they hopefully do. :smile:

After that just do past papers and questions. Religious studies is really easy as long as you know the content well and have the quotes to back up your arguments.

Good luck to you too! :smile:

Hey, I apologise - I've just seen this! I've not got the knack of the student room just yet!

That's amazing! I've also got predicted A* - but this will be my first time taking an exam under school-controlled conditions and it's pretty daunting - Lol.

Thanks for your advice - definitely taking them on board & have been a great help! At the moment I'm literally writing out all my keypoints, arguments, and going through the specifications of the units and memorising the quotes.

Good luck and all the best in your exams!
Reply 3
quotes quotes quotes!!! They're not always necessary but if you already have the basic knowledge, they will give u extra points for that a*!!!!
Reply 4
Original post by hsm998
quotes quotes quotes!!! They're not always necessary but if you already have the basic knowledge, they will give u extra points for that a*!!!!

Thanks & to be honest the Quotes are pretty easy for me to memorise - so why not may get a few extra marks?
Original post by yasmeenak
Hey, I apologise - I've just seen this! I've not got the knack of the student room just yet!

That's amazing! I've also got predicted A* - but this will be my first time taking an exam under school-controlled conditions and it's pretty daunting - Lol.

Thanks for your advice - definitely taking them on board & have been a great help! At the moment I'm literally writing out all my keypoints, arguments, and going through the specifications of the units and memorising the quotes.

Good luck and all the best in your exams!

It's fine. It took me ages to get used to The Student Room but once you're here, you never leave... :smile:

Exam conditions really aren't that bad. You just have to be quiet and not cheat. Don't worry about it, just focus on learning what you need to learn so you can get that A*!!!!

I'm glad I could help though! You're doing more than I am for RS. I'm letting it rest for a while and focusing on other subjects. :smile: I wish you the best and I'm sure you'll get that A*.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending