The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Psychology 2016

Anyone else firming an offer for Psychology or Psychology with Counselling and Psychotherapy at MMU?
Are there any 2nd years+ around that can give us an idea of what to expect?
Reply 1
Original post by EmiliaDeO
Anyone else firming an offer for Psychology or Psychology with Counselling and Psychotherapy at MMU?
Are there any 2nd years+ around that can give us an idea of what to expect?

Hey :smile: I'm a 2nd year single honours Psychology student. What type of questions do you have?
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by Deyesy
Hey :smile: I'm a 2nd year single honours Psychology student. What type of questions do you have?

Oh, great, thank you!
I've been to uni before but for a completely different course but I'm just wondering, what modules did you do in your first year?
What are the reading lists like, any examples of the types of textbooks?

I'm presuming it would be a lot similar to Psychology with Counselling and Psychotherapy depending if they have the same core modules.
Hi! I've firmed MMU for psychology with counselling and psychotherapy! If anyone could let me know about and books that would be good to read before i start? x
Reply 4
Original post by EmiliaDeO
Oh, great, thank you!
I've been to uni before but for a completely different course but I'm just wondering, what modules did you do in your first year?
What are the reading lists like, any examples of the types of textbooks?

I'm presuming it would be a lot similar to Psychology with Counselling and Psychotherapy depending if they have the same core modules.

I did Community and Social Psychology; Cognitive and Biopsychology; Individual Differences and Developmental Psychology and Investigating Psychology (this is research methods).

I honestly don't know what units you'd be studying for Psychology with Counselling and Psychotherapy as it's a really new course - we've been able to offer many, many more courses since moving into the Brooks Building and the staff numbers have increased :redface:

Reading lists: they're split into 'key', 'essential' and 'further reading' - I honestly don't recommend buying anything other than things on your 'key' reading list as essential and further reading books/sources you'll be able to get from the library and as electronic sources more often than not :smile: Even with 'key' textbooks it'll be worth seeing if they're available electronically for example: Cognitive psychology: a student's handbook is a key textbook for 'Cognitive and Biopsychology' but is available electronically so it's worth holding back initially and seeing if you can save your money :smile:
I'm doing criminology and psychology :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending