The Student Room Group

How much revision during easter per day?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Daniel9998
Past papers, past papers and past papers again and again

Say you already finished the syllabus for sciences, but just forgot quite a bit

Would it be worth revising the whole content or skipping straight to past papers??
It depends. If you do some past papers and realise the reason why you are consistently losing marks is because you don't actually know the topic well enough then go over and revise.

Once you have a decent knowledge on all the topics then just keep banging on past papers while occasionally skimming through notes in between papers.
Original post by Daniel9998
It depends. If you do some past papers and realise the reason why you are consistently losing marks is because you don't actually know the topic well enough then go over and revise.

Once you have a decent knowledge on all the topics then just keep banging on past papers while occasionally skimming through notes in between papers.

Yeah I thought that doing past papers and flashcarding weaknesses would be enough to cover all the content, hopefully that should work out because I think it might be the only strategy I can use in the short amount of time
Guys i have a friend that does 15 hours, but only for like Easter and the week ends. Don't you think that's a bit excessive?

Hope everyone's revision is going well!
Original post by 11lmizo
Guys i have a friend that does 15 hours, but only for like Easter and the week ends. Don't you think that's a bit excessive?

Hope everyone's revision is going well!

Whoaaa that's way too excessive (imo). Is that GCSE or A level?... but that's still irrelevant. I wouldn't do 15 hours even in uni. I managed to do like 1.5 hrs today and that was just because I did a past paper 😂
Original post by I'm_infires
Whoaaa that's way too excessive (imo). Is that GCSE or A level?... but that's still irrelevant. I wouldn't do 15 hours even in uni. I managed to do like 1.5 hrs today and that was just because I did a past paper 😂

It's Gcse, yeah it is way too much tbh.
Original post by 11lmizo
It's Gcse, yeah it is way too much tbh.

Tbh if your friend is having to do 15 hrs a day, their method of revising is totally wrong and inefficient.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tbh if your friend is having to do 15 hrs a day, their method of revising is totally wrong and inefficient.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very true tbh. How much do you do?
Reply 148
Original post by Ishea16
About 4-6 hours daily

true thats i do
i do 10 hours and yeah its for my GCSE's...]
I am doing GCSE as well. I have all together 23 exams - i try to focus but i never can i sit for like 5 hours but probably get 2 hours of work done and i work too slow - any tips
Original post by 11lmizo
Very true tbh. How much do you do?

I mean, I don't really revise. I was supposed to start revising on Monday :tongue: I managed to do 3 hours that day (2 past papers... so i didn't really revise content and today I did another past paper)... I missed quite a lot of days.... it's really bad, I know.

My goal is to do at least 2 hours a day. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by S.Rahman
I am doing GCSE as well. I have all together 23 exams - i try to focus but i never can i sit for like 5 hours but probably get 2 hours of work done and i work too slow - any tips

I get about 2 hours done on a good day. How many GCSE's are you doing? I have 19 exams (I think) and I'm doing 11 GCSE's but I have already done a GCSE which would put me to 23... so I guess you're doing 12 like me :biggrin:?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I get about 2 hours done on a good day. How many GCSE's are you doing? I have 19 exams (I think) and I'm doing 11 GCSE's but I have already done a GCSE which would put me to 23... so I guess you're doing 12 like me :biggrin:?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im doing 23 exams but only have 8 GCSEs at the end:

-RE - 4 exams but one gcse
- Maths - 2 exams but one gcse
- English Language - 1 exam and 1 gcse
- English Literature - 2 Exams but 1 GCSE
- Further Maths - 2 exams but one gcse
- Computing - 1 exam and 1 GCSE
- Triple Science - 9 exams but 3 GCSEs
- Spanish - 2 exams but one GCSE

Its all in a month and a week and i need to work faster so i can do better got any tips to help work faster and more effectively. Thanks
you have a MONTH to learn things it took 3 years to learn... i'm not going to lie to you and say you have tons of time cause this month is gonna go faster than a chicken being chased by a fox... what i suggest is you u put ur subjects in order.. like the subject you find most challenging to the subject least challenging... start with the difficult subject work your way down... as for how many hours you want As and A*s right well i suggest u wake up at 6:00am and sleep at 8:00pm and as soon as school opens i suggest u start doing after school as well but relax for like 2 hours a day refresh your mind... do this and you will thank me later
Original post by S.Rahman
Im doing 23 exams but only have 8 GCSEs at the end:

-RE - 4 exams but one gcse
- Maths - 2 exams but one gcse
- English Language - 1 exam and 1 gcse
- English Literature - 2 Exams but 1 GCSE
- Further Maths - 2 exams but one gcse
- Computing - 1 exam and 1 GCSE
- Triple Science - 9 exams but 3 GCSEs
- Spanish - 2 exams but one GCSE

Its all in a month and a week and i need to work faster so i can do better got any tips to help work faster and more effectively. Thanks

Maths - 2 exams
Further Maths - 2 exams
English Lit. - 2 exams
English lang. - 1 exam
Physics - 2 exams
Chemistry - 2 exams
Biology - 2 exams
Computing - 1 exam
History - 2 exams
French - 2 exams
Music - 1 exam

It look to me like you're doing 10 GCSESs lol cause Triple Science is 3 GCSEs. But why are you doing 9 exams for triple science? What exam board are you on? Because I do triple as well but I have only 6 exams (the 1 to 3s and 4 to 6s of each science).

And good luck on your revision and exams btw :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maths - 2 exams
Further Maths - 2 exams
English Lit. - 2 exams
English lang. - 1 exam
Physics - 2 exams
Chemistry - 2 exams
Biology - 2 exams
Computing - 1 exam
History - 2 exams
French - 2 exams
Music - 1 exam

It look to me like you're doing 10 GCSESs lol cause Triple Science is 3 GCSEs. But why are you doing 9 exams for triple science? What exam board are you on? Because I do triple as well but I have only 6 exams (the 1 to 3s and 4 to 6s of each science).

And good luck on your revision and exams btw :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am doing triple science with Edexcel and i have 3 exams for each science so physics i have P1 exam, P2 exam, P3 exam and same with chemistry and biology
Original post by woooooo
you have a MONTH to learn things it took 3 years to learn... i'm not going to lie to you and say you have tons of time cause this month is gonna go faster than a chicken being chased by a fox... what i suggest is you u put ur subjects in order.. like the subject you find most challenging to the subject least challenging... start with the difficult subject work your way down... as for how many hours you want As and A*s right well i suggest u wake up at 6:00am and sleep at 8:00pm and as soon as school opens i suggest u start doing after school as well but relax for like 2 hours a day refresh your mind... do this and you will thank me later

6am to 8pm is not needed, i think thats way too much.
I respect your point of view however me and my 3 sisters do that cause we want to get into oxford... but if you thinks its way to much.. what about University where you will need to study more than this? And yeah its aint easy but in the end it will be worth it....
4-5 Hours daily

Quick Reply

Latest