The Student Room Group

Offer Dilema?

So, I've received all of my university offers (Biomedical Science, BSc). I've been a bit daft and not chosen any universities with low offers because I didn't think I'd like any of them if I ended up there.

My lowest offer is AAB (From KCL, Birmingham and QMUL). Birmingham offered me an unconditional but I don't want to go for it, I only really want KCL.

What should I do about putting an insurance down?

I'm predicted above AAB but I'm just worried about having a bad day when I do my exams and missing the grades.

Original post by NotMolly
So, I've received all of my university offers (Biomedical Science, BSc). I've been a bit daft and not chosen any universities with low offers because I didn't think I'd like any of them if I ended up there.

My lowest offer is AAB (From KCL, Birmingham and QMUL). Birmingham offered me an unconditional but I don't want to go for it, I only really want KCL.

What should I do about putting an insurance down?

I'm predicted above AAB but I'm just worried about having a bad day when I do my exams and missing the grades.

Remember you dont have to have an insurance if you dont want one, so if you only see yourself at KCL then don't use it :smile:
Firm KCL and Insure Birmingham. If you screw up, then you have an unconditional offer with B'gham.

I suggest you use the insurance choice and not need it, than to not use it and regret later.

Good luck.
I'd go with what Wired_1800 said - Firm KCL and then put Birmingham as your insurance, that way you are going to uni no matter what, and don't have the panic of if you miss your KCL grades. Good luck!
Reply 4
Thanks everyone :smile: But the unconditional offer is only unconditional if I put it as my firm :/ Other than that it's just AAB. It's a cheeky way of filling up places :-)
Thanks everyone :smile: But the unconditional offer is only unconditional if I put it as my firm :/ Other than that it's just AAB. It's a cheeky way of filling up places :-)

It's not advisable but if they are the only places you want to go you can have a firm and an insurance with the same offer
Reply 6
Original post by claireestelle
It's not advisable but if they are the only places you want to go you can have a firm and an insurance with the same offer

Okay, thanks :smile: I spoke to some people in the same position and their insurance was higher than their firm! Not quite confident enough to do that:-)
Okay, thanks :smile: I spoke to some people in the same position and their insurance was higher than their firm! Not quite confident enough to do that:-)

Doing that would be redundant as their insurance won't let them in their firm doesnt, in that situation i dont know why they bothered with an insurance.

I know someone who had Firmed an offer of A*AA and insured A*A*A. It was ridiculous and very scary. He chose the insurance because he eventually realised that he did not really like the other 3 options he had selected. At the end, he got A*A*A*.
Reply 9
Original post by Wired_1800
I know someone who had Firmed an offer of A*AA and insured A*A*A. It was ridiculous and very scary. He chose the insurance because he eventually realised that he did not really like the other 3 options he had selected. At the end, he got A*A*A*.

3 A*s! Wow :smile: What were his subjects?
3 A*s! Wow :smile: What were his subjects?

Maths, Physics and Computer Science. He is really clever.

I don't think it is wise to insure an offer higher than your firm choice, but the kid did it.
Reply 11
Maths, Physics and Computer Science. He is really clever.

I don't think it is wise to insure an offer higher than your firm choice, but the kid did it.

I agree :smile: Those are hardcore subjects :redface:
I agree :smile: Those are hardcore subjects :redface:

What are your subjects?

If you have Birmingham's unconditional offer and you have no qualms about going there (since you put it as a choice), then it may be good to Firm it. It will remove so much pressure from you and you already know where you will be going to uni.

There is so much stress with school work and removing this stress will help you. If you don't fancy B'gham, then choose KCL. It will be sad to attend a school, where you are unhappy.

Good luck.
Reply 13
What are your subjects?

If you have Birmingham's unconditional offer and you have no qualms about going there (since you put it as a choice), then it may be good to Firm it. It will remove so much pressure from you and you already know where you will be going to uni.

There is so much stress with school work and removing this stress will help you. If you don't fancy B'gham, then choose KCL. It will be sad to attend a school, where you are unhappy.

Good luck.

Biology, Chemistry and Psychology :') What were yours?

I've already firmed :frown: Out of all the universities I looked at I felt I'd be most comfortable at King's, I'm just worried about the costs and such. Birmingham was a close second but as I already live there I felt I wanted to live away from home for a while.

I've also heard that if you miss the grades for KCL by a margin they will still consider you.
Biology, Chemistry and Psychology :':wink: What were yours?

I've already firmed :frown: Out of all the universities I looked at I felt I'd be most comfortable at King's, I'm just worried about the costs and such. Birmingham was a close second but as I already live there I felt I wanted to live away from home for a while.

I've also heard that if you miss the grades for KCL by a margin they will still consider you.

So you have already firmed Kings? All you can do now is to hope and do well in school. Good luck.
Reply 15
So you have already firmed Kings? All you can do now is to hope and do well in school. Good luck.

Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending