The Student Room Group

GCSE ART - Outline - Terrorism and Islamophobia

Hey guys! Sorry to post yet again! But there's progress!

I'm looking into identity as a sub theme for outline and looking into burkas for Islamic people, who could be wearing it as it is their custom or as a disguise, which then led me to islamophobia - dislike of, fear of or prejudice against Islam or Muslims - and how some people believe most muslims are terrorists (an inappropriate stereotype), so fear them as a whole when it is only a small number or extremist groups inside the religion. It is so unfair that "the West" is making innocent muslims suffer from the hatred we are giving them and all the islamophobic propaganda, could this cause even more reason for them to attack "the West" because of our discrimination? I could also add terrorism as a unfair stereotype.

These are my views of this subject, any ideas on how to make it into an art final piece? It sort of does relate to outline because it is a stereotype or a simplified version of their perceived identity of a group of religious people. I am not so comfortable painting intricately, but any help will be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks!!
p.s. my final piece starts on the 19th April! :s-smilie:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Bonnie 99
Hey guys! Sorry to post yet again! But there's progress!I'm looking into identity as a sub theme for outline and looking into burkas for Islamic people, who could be wearing it as it is their custom or as a disguise, which then led me to islamophobia - dislike of, fear of or prejudice against Islam or Muslims - and how some people believe most muslims are terrorists (an inappropriate stereotype), so fear them as a whole when it is only a small number or extremist groups inside the religion. It is so unfair that "the West" is making innocent muslims suffer from the hatred we are giving them and all the islamophobic propaganda, could this cause even more reason for them to attack "the West" because of our discrimination? I could also add terrorism as a unfair stereotype.These are my views of this subject, any ideas on how to make it into an art final piece? It sort of does relate to outline because it is a stereotype or a simplified version of their perceived identity of a group of religious people. I am not so comfortable painting intricately, but any help will be greatly appreciated!!Thanks!!p.s. my final piece starts on the 19th April! :s-smilie:

Nice idea, I'm muslim too and it would be cool to see the final piece.
Reply 2
Original post by ukila
Nice idea, I'm muslim too and it would be cool to see the final piece.

Thank you Ukila! I might post it after it has been examined. But I need to integrate these views into a sculpture or a painting, drawing or something!
I'm a muslim and its amazing to hear this. I think your art would be wonderful,finally someone notice and this makes me happy!
I'm no artist my self but i have searched in google images '' burka art'', there this picture'' say no to burka'' which is disappointing,maybe you could look at them and make it to your own idea:smile: But ur ideas is perfect!
Reply 4
Original post by bikiniikilll
I'm a muslim and its amazing to hear this. I think your art would be wonderful,finally someone notice and this makes me happy!
I'm no artist my self but i have searched in google images '' burka art'', there this picture'' say no to burka'' which is disappointing,maybe you could look at them and make it to your own idea:smile: But ur ideas is perfect!

Thank you! I found that "say no to Burkas" and it's horrible. It's racist and a misrepresentation! I don't personally know any muslims, so I would like to ask you what do burkas/veils mean to you? Thank you for your help!
I dont wear any head scarves, but I know a friend who does and i can tell you all about it,in messages if thats ok?
Reply 6
Original post by bikiniikilll
I dont wear any head scarves, but I know a friend who does and i can tell you all about it,in messages if thats ok?

Thanks! I've just messaged you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending