The Student Room Group

Timetables/In person learning times

I've been trying to contact someone at KCL for a few days now - I keep getting told to speak to someone different. I want to apply for the Terrorism, Security and Society MA, however I would like to know how many days I need to attend the university. As I would need to commute on the train for 2 hours each way, I would like to make sure its both financially and personally viable before committing. Anyone done this course and can give me a general overview please?
Reply 1
Original post by rebeccakathryn
I've been trying to contact someone at KCL for a few days now - I keep getting told to speak to someone different. I want to apply for the Terrorism, Security and Society MA, however I would like to know how many days I need to attend the university. As I would need to commute on the train for 2 hours each way, I would like to make sure its both financially and personally viable before committing. Anyone done this course and can give me a general overview please?

University timetabling is a complex process -- it requires balancing the availability of the students, the teaching staff, the teaching spaces, etc. It's highly unlikely that the timetable for next year has been drawn up yet.

The best you'll be able to find out will be the number of contact hours for each term, as that's will stay broadly the same from one academic year to the next. But how those contact hours are spread across the week can vary from one year to the next (and also from one term to the next).
Original post by rebeccakathryn

This will change every year so they aren't going to be able to give you a definitive answer. Few unis have a set timetable for modules year on year - it will be generated by a computer program based on the factors outlined above. You could end up with all the lectures on one day, or you could have one per day for 5 days. You could have one at 9am and one at 6pm, or all in the middle of the day. And what it was last year won't be the same as this year or next year in almost all cases.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending