The Student Room Group

Any Desi people who disagree with the Indian-Pak partition ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by amalick1029
I have a couple Sikh friends who celebrate Eid too

Eid has no religious significance in Sikhism. Why would Sikhs celebrate it?
Reply 61
Original post by Zamestaneh
I do that anyway tbh (not just in cricket) :colone:

Same :lol:
Original post by BrokenLife
Haha omg the last part! :biggrin: I love you so much!:h:

That is the biggest picture that India lost:colonhash::u:

haha omg I'm so evil..but:colonhash:

Too mean :puppyeyes:
Original post by TheBBQ
Same :lol:

Do you do what I do and justify all mockery of England with the empire? :tongue:
Original post by dairychocolate
Eid has no religious significance in Sikhism. Why would Sikhs celebrate it?

It doesn't, but they celebrate it because they have a lot of muslim family friends so obv get involved
Reply 65
Do you do what I do and justify all mockery of England with the empire? :tongue:

"Empire". Yes. And the current climate :tongue:
I remember standing up for India anthem out of respect while watching the match and all the Pakistanis stood up to show respect:h:

And, excuse me, you better listen to 'Pak sar zameen shaad baad' soon:h::u::flute::love:

Aww that's nice :h:

I've just listened to it and it's really good! :biggrin:
Too mean :puppyeyes:

That I'm actually not:redface: but tis about Indo-Pak rivalry:u::colonhash:
I hare everyone on this forum !
I am trying discuss a serious topics and you guys licking each others bum. Sharam Karo !
It doesn't, but they celebrate it because they have a lot of muslim family friends so obv get involved

I see.

I've never seen that happen, myself.

What do they get involved with? Sorry, all I know about Eid is that my Pakistani mates would take time off school and get presents.
Original post by Indeterminate
Aww that's nice :h:

I've just listened to it and it's really good! :biggrin:

:h:

Aww, did you find the Urdu hard? I know it had subtitles but oh my that always gives me goosebumps:h:
Original post by Deliciously
I am trying discuss a serious topics and you guys licking each others bum. Sharam Karo !

Hahahahahha I'm so sorry on my part OP. :frown:
Reply 73
Original post by Eternalflames
I don't know too much about the history, let's get Encyclopaedia @nucdev to help :tongue:

But what about Jinnah and the Muslim league, they wanted a separate Pakistan. Even if India became independent with all of modern-day Pakistan, they would have eventually split in my opinion with a lot of bloodshed all the same.

And yeah I do agree with that, so many good things but they didn't help in other areas.

LMFAO my knowledge on Indo-Pak history is somewhat limited. @Yawn! would be the one to ask, but unfortunately he's left TSR :sigh:
(Although, Yawn would have ended up triggering people on here :teehee:)

Original post by Eternalflames
@nucdev Bhao!! It's bhojpuri :biggrin:

Hahah! Gotta love some Bhojpuri

Pakistani here

Obv I love my country (maybe more than the UK) but I love India too, a lot of my second cousins, uncles and aunts etc are Indian, and even though I've never met them, they seem like great people

I think the partition was acc necessary, and at some point it would've happened, there would be a lot of bloodshed no matter when it happened. Plus I'd have had to tell people I'm from Bihar/UP and according to my Indian friends that's not always something to be proud of:biggrin:

And if it wasn't for the Kashmir problem, right now we'd all be OK

Lmao your friends are right :lol:
They're like the two most backwards states in India although Bihar is improving somewhat.
Besharmi Ki Had Hoti. Bas Karo ! Sharam Haya Hoti Hai. Aap Log To Chanwar Se Bhi Kher Gusre Ho !
Update: apparently my family had a house in chewara. And some place near Patna. And dhaka.

Anyone know any Malicks? (can be spelt with double L, but anyone else with a C in their last name or am I just special?
]

Anke Niche !!!!!!
:h:

Aww, did you find the Urdu hard? I know it had subtitles but oh my that always gives me goosebumps:h:

I actually listened to a version without subtitles (this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em2odgXxfZ8) And I think I got it all! :biggrin:
OP asked me to marry him :lol:
This thread seems to be getting derailed by the OP. :rofl:

Quick Reply

Latest