The Student Room Group

Help please enzyme question

if immobilised invertase enzyme has hydrolysed sucrose and you are carrying out a biuret test on the solution to see if the enzyme has leaked through, where has the enzyme leaked from? the alginate beads used in the practical, or the sucrose membrane? I know the answer is we are testing if the enzyme has leaked through but where has it leaked from?
(edited 8 years ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by zuchinni
if immobilised invertase enzyme has hydrolysed sucrose and you are carrying out a biuret test on the solution to see if the enzyme has leaked through, where has the enzyme leaked from? the alginate beads used in the practical, or the sucrose membrane? I know the answer is we are testing if the enzyme has leaked through but where has it leaked from?

I think the enzyme must have leaked out from alginate beads, because the immobilised enzyme are attached to it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending