The Student Room Group

Tattoos

I really want a quote tattoo (only 2 words but the quote itself does mean a lot to me personally). I was thinking about upper thigh and slightly to the side the only issue is is that I've a pear-shaped body type. Im a size 8 on size 10 on the hips and bum. Moreover, my thighs are quick big because I'm a football player (muscley and toned but big-ish although I wouldn't say stocky), whereas I have very small boobs and a small frame on top. So my question is - do people think it would be a mistake to get it on my thigh because it would be drawing more attention to my lower half and the lack of proportion? If so can you suggest another placement that isn't too visible?
Honestly if you want quotes it might be a bit better to get them on your wrist or your rib. Most of the time, thigh tattoos are pretty big.
Seems like a nice place to put it.
It's the sort of place where only people you want to see it will see it.

I'm a firm believer in being able to cover everything with short sleeves and long trousers.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Honestly if you want quotes it might be a bit better to get them on your wrist or your rib. Most of the time, thigh tattoos are pretty big.

I would never go big... something like this:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/15/24/5a/15245a4e6f0b7fbd4ed4302b0e6f69f2.jpg

I wouldn't want to go wrist just in case and ribs I did think about but I can feel my bones and I'm just worried I'd wriggle from the pain and have a wobbly quote :P

Original post by DonkeyShlong
Seems like a nice place to put it.
It's the sort of place where only people you want to see it will see it.

I'm a firm believer in being able to cover everything with short sleeves and long trousers.

Yeah I agree! I just worried because of my body-type...
Original post by Mushrooms
(...) If so can you suggest another placement that isn't too visible?

Maybe the underpart of your underarm? it is visible, but not too much. Did you make a deceision about the quotation yet?
Original post by Kallisto
Maybe the underpart of your underarm? it is visible, but not too much. Did you make a deceision about the quotation yet?

Yeah I'm gonna go with 'Memento Vivere' (Remember to live) - I'm quite a stressy person and always chooses academia and work over fun resulting in me missing quite a few parties etc. And my grandad always used to say it to me when he was alive :smile:

Underarm is a good idea! (Do you mean the bicep or the back of the arm i.e. https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/d1/8a/7e/d18a7e563dcf6064c9e80da5cc2537a3.jpg ?)
Yeah I'm gonna go with 'Memento Vivere' (Remember to live) - I'm quite a stressy person and always chooses academia and work over fun resulting in me missing quite a few parties etc. And my grandad always used to say it to me when he was alive :smile:

Underarm is a good idea! (Do you mean the bicep or the back of the arm i.e. https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/d1/8a/7e/d18a7e563dcf6064c9e80da5cc2537a3.jpg ?)

A latin quotation is a good idea indeed. If I were you, I would surely have taken the saying 'memento mori' in combination with a reaper, just to give the motto of baroque time a tiny different meaning in another view.

The back of the arm is too invisible. I would take the supination of the underarm.
Original post by Kallisto
A latin quotation is a good idea indeed. If I were you, I would surely have taken the saying 'memento mori' in combination with a reaper, just to give the motto of baroque time a tiny different meaning in another view.

The back of the arm is too invisible. I would take the supination of the underarm.

I considered this. My only worry was with grammar (I know it sounds stupid but if its going to be permanently etched onto my body I want it to be grammatically correct!) do I have Memento Mori, Memento Vivere or Memento Mori sed Memento Vivere....or just go Memento Mori (but I feel this is too morbid!) Sorry for shooting a hundred questions at you I've just sickened everyone around me with my constant questioning.
I would never go big... something like this:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/15/24/5a/15245a4e6f0b7fbd4ed4302b0e6f69f2.jpg

Yeah I agree! I just worried because of my body-type...

I don't think a tattoo the size you are planning will look wrong on your described body shape. It's a nice subtle tattoo.
Original post by DonkeyShlong
I don't think a tattoo the size you are planning will look wrong on your described body shape. It's a nice subtle tattoo.

Brill thanks :smile: I just wanted it in a place that wasn't too painful but that could easily be hidden :P

Quick Reply

Latest