The Student Room Group

Slacking like hell. Need some motivation

Hello guys, wassup?

So I'm doing edexcel igcses in Biology, Human Biology, Maths, Further Pure Maths, English Language (B) and Physics.

I think I'm quite prepared when it comes to covering topics. But I haven't done many past papers. I start a paper, leave one or two question, do another, then after many days I'd come back to the paper I did ages ago and start all over again. My exams start from 11th of May and I'm starting to get scared (well sort of).

What would you guys advice? I plan to do past papers of atleast three subjects (2010- 2016 jan) in 3-4 days; I have done a few papers here and there. Is it even possible?

I need a push so bad :frown:
Reply 1
Anyone???
Wow that's certainly a range of difficult topics.

Past-Papers are the best way to revise i find because you can do one and find out your grade then look at the answers that you got wrong and revise from them , doing this with a lot of past papers is very helpful!

You should definitely stick to a past paper under timed conditions so you know how well you can do under the time you're given. It's definitely possible if you stick to it and tell yourself you can succeed.

I know it's not much but hope i helped :smile:
Reply 3
Just keep on doing past papers and marking them to see which topics u dont understand the most so that u cn focus on those topics. Good luck!
Reply 4
Original post by s.mo
Just keep on doing past papers and marking them to see which topics u dont understand the most so that u cn focus on those topics. Good luck!

Thanks!

Original post by CopyThat
Wow that's certainly a range of difficult topics.

Past-Papers are the best way to revise i find because you can do one and find out your grade then look at the answers that you got wrong and revise from them , doing this with a lot of past papers is very helpful!

You should definitely stick to a past paper under timed conditions so you know how well you can do under the time you're given. It's definitely possible if you stick to it and tell yourself you can succeed.

I know it's not much but hope i helped :smile:

It did, thanks :smile:
Reply 5
The way I managed to stay motivated is watching GCSE Results videos on YouTube. When someone does well, they make me want to do well also because of their pure happiness, and when someone does bad, it makes me almost scared to fail.
Original post by TheCe
Hello guys, wassup?

So I'm doing edexcel igcses in Biology, Human Biology, Maths, Further Pure Maths, English Language (B) and Physics.

I think I'm quite prepared when it comes to covering topics. But I haven't done many past papers. I start a paper, leave one or two question, do another, then after many days I'd come back to the paper I did ages ago and start all over again. My exams start from 11th of May and I'm starting to get scared (well sort of).

What would you guys advice? I plan to do past papers of atleast three subjects (2010- 2016 jan) in 3-4 days; I have done a few papers here and there. Is it even possible?

I need a push so bad :frown:

Okay so I would firstly like to say that you're doing hard subjects but I feel like you can get through this. 11th May is not far but I'm going to try to help as much as I can.
So firstly the way you're doing past papers is incorrect I advise you to do one paper and this is how I would advise you to do it for all your subjects you could also use this tip in the exam if its helpful :smile:

1) Read through the paper, do not take too much time doing this and circle or put a star on the ones you know and the ones you find difficult leave it. Answer all the easy or the questions that you know and this will save so much time so you know you've got those marks.
Then go back and do all the hard ones and that way you won't waste time & also you won't have to go back to past papers you could just revise the answers a bit? :smile:

2) Anything is possible if you put your mind to it. You could get this done and try your best to finish your revision.

3) Do not stress, Stress happens to everyone but you need to think of your end goal and where you want to be after you've done all your exams so for example: If you want to be a doctor then just think about the end goal about how these exams will only bring you closer.
If you don't know what you want to do in the future then think of your goal to go sixth form and university as your goal.

4) get enough sleep, So your body and mind have time to relax. If you're the type of person to revise during the night hours I would advise you to sleep 2-3 hours in the evening then revise at night but this may affect you in the morning. However. If you are the type of person to revise early morning then revise till 5pm everyday I would say :smile:

JUST DO NOT CRAM ALL OF THIS IN and stress bc thats the worst thing you could possibly do. Believe you can do this go and ask your teachers to help you if you don't understand hard topics :smile: They are there to help you.

Hope this helps, Hope you succeed in your exams with flying colours :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest