The Student Room Group

A Levels failing?!

Everyone I’ve come across has said A levels are difficult and you must revise for hours every day and I feel like I’m seriously slacking off, but with having done hardly any work, I’m one of the strongest in the content within my classes and it’s giving me false hope
Original post by sr.snx
Everyone I’ve come across has said A levels are difficult and you must revise for hours every day and I feel like I’m seriously slacking off, but with having done hardly any work, I’m one of the strongest in the content within my classes and it’s giving me false hope

If your the smartest in the class then i wouldnt worry abt it. Its good to do revision and get into the rhythm of it but if ur clearly good at the subjects, just keep up what ur doing
Reply 2
Original post by TomokoRainMaker
If your the smartest in the class then i wouldnt worry abt it. Its good to do revision and get into the rhythm of it but if ur clearly good at the subjects, just keep up what ur doing

Yeah don’t get me wrong I do revise occasionally but not nearly as much as my college expects me to, but THANKYOU for feeding into my delusions😭
Original post by sr.snx
Yeah don’t get me wrong I do revise occasionally but not nearly as much as my college expects me to, but THANKYOU for feeding into my delusions😭

Look if you revise and ur getting good grades, it just shows how u understand the content and that ur revision method is okay. Just because someone revises for hours on end doesnt mean its efficient revision. lmao i need to start revising more, i'm just abt scraping a BBB atm
Reply 4
Look if you revise and ur getting good grades, it just shows how u understand the content and that ur revision method is okay. Just because someone revises for hours on end doesnt mean its efficient revision. lmao i need to start revising more, i'm just abt scraping a BBB atm

STOP OMG that’s not the worst thing ever✋ are you first or second year?
Original post by sr.snx
STOP OMG that’s not the worst thing ever✋ are you first or second year?

haha I'm in year 13, I got some mocks coming up in December/January so i'm going to buckle down and see what happens if i put effort in..
Reply 6
haha I'm in year 13, I got some mocks coming up in December/January so i'm going to buckle down and see what happens if i put effort in..

Woah I’m talking here like my life is over😭 I’m only in year 12 but good luck and thanks again!
Reply 7
Original post by sr.snx
Woah I’m talking here like my life is over😭 I’m only in year 12 but good luck and thanks again!

If you go to a good /competitive school then if your top of your class ur chilling . I went to a school in one of the most deprived areas in England , and was top of the class but I never let that stop me working . Since the cohort , the people yoyr actully competing with is so fking different . Perfectly summed up “‘just make sure your not a big fish in a small pond :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by bostanut
If you go to a good /competitive school then if your top of your class ur chilling . I went to a school in one of the most deprived areas in England , and was top of the class but I never let that stop me working . Since the cohort , the people yoyr actully competing with is so fking different . Perfectly summed up “‘just make sure your not a big fish in a small pond :smile:

That is so true you know. In my city I’d say the sixthform I’m going to is probably the best for a-levels, but the ppl in my classes are so dopey😭✋ I’ll take your words of wisdom
Original post by sr.snx

Hi there

It is good to hear that you are doing well in lessons. I would not say you have much to worry about on this, as you do not seem behind on work? The workload and amount of time you have to spend on subjects can vary depending on how confident you are with the content and what subjects you are taking.

However, I would still recommend studying and trying to complete work. It is important to make notes - even if it is just a brief summary, as it will help you towards the end of year in terms of revision.

Whilst you may be doing okay with the content right now, you may find it easier on yourself if you start making notes little by little, you can build up the amount of work you do over time. It would be better instead of having to cram more information at the end of the year.

It is not late to work harder as it is only the first term- furthermore, I think time management and motivation skills are really important in any environment, and it would be good if you started to build on them. :smile:

I hope you find motivation soon, all the best. :biggrin:
Chloe
University of Kent Student Rep
Original post by sr.snx

omdss ur in yr12? U sound like ur doing great so dw abt it. The only bit of advice I will give u is that the end of year exam and end of topic tests do go towards ur predicted grades so do try on them, my school only told us that it was for tracking progress but we found out it went towards predicted grades on the week on the exams, idk maybe ur school said it to you but bare that in mind.
I'm sure you'll do great! U sound like you're doing well anyway. I found that yr13 was way harder bc the workload starts piling up very fast.

Quick Reply

Latest