The Student Room Group

Unconditional Offer

I have an unconditional offer and the university stated this:

‘This offer is made with the expectation that you continue to work hard in your current course(s) of study. It is in your best interests to ensure you have good grades so that you are well equipped for university study and attractive to employers.’

Does this mean that unless i pass all my exams this would not count as an unconditional offer? Meaning even if i fail i can not attend uni?
Original post by Cloudster

‘This offer is made with the expectation that you continue to work hard in your current course(s) of study. It is in your best interests to ensure you have good grades so that you are well equipped for university study and attractive to employers.’

Does this mean that unless i pass all my exams this would not count as an unconditional offer? Meaning even if i fail i can not attend uni?

It’s just saying to keep working hard

You're in no matter what. However, they don't want students who are used to slacking off, plus potential future employers might well look at your A-level results as well as what you get in your degree.

Hi there

As far as i'm aware if you have an unconditional offer then your results won't affect whether or not you get accepted. That being said it will go on your records that you didn't work hard if you fail your exams or don't perform very well which may impact you in the future e.g. if your grades ever need to be checked. Depending on the circumstance and uni they may need to be check your grades if you wish to transfer course, if you want to do a year abroad/placement, if you apply for work experience or a job. Remember that you will not have your degree completed for another 3/4 years so your most recent qualifications will be your Alevels. Always best to keep working hard regardless whether you have a conditional or unconditional offer. Hope this helps

For more info visit the Ucas website - https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/after-you-apply/ucas-undergraduate-types-offer#:~:text=If%20you're%20taking%20exams,could%20impact%20your%20future%20employment.

Best wishes

Joanna
-Uni of Kent Rep
They just dont want you to slack-off and mess up your grades.

It means the understanding is you complete the course (hell you could even get U’s). It’s an unconditional offer basically as long as you don’t drop out of collage you're in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending