The Student Room Group

LAET

Hi, I'm just asking about if LAET do late interviews, as I don't think I have the grades now to get in but I am doing my second mocks. What should I do?
Reply 1
Hey there, I suggest you email them directly at admissions@laetottenham.ac.uk.

And if things don't go your way, remember that on results day they still admit students then, so you still have a decent chance if you get the actual GCSE grades you need.

Best of luck!
Reply 2
Original post by Nomawoj
Hey there, I suggest you email them directly at admissions@laetottenham.ac.uk.

And if things don't go your way, remember that on results day they still admit students then, so you still have a decent chance if you get the actual GCSE grades you need.

Best of luck!

Ok thank you so much do you go to the school I would like to know how it is
Reply 3
Yep, what would you like to know in particular?

Upsides that I can think of is how you will always be updated on academic and career opportunities, teachers are well qualified (Oxbridge, etc if that appeals to you, though imo qualifications aren't always an accurate indicator of how well someone may teach) and generally enthusiastic, large student body so there's plenty of people to meet, studious environment is really motivating to discourage slacking and so forth. They also provide relative amounts of study support (eg after school lessons and academic coaching if you need it), as well as support for university applications (esp Oxbridge + Med applicants) and extra curriculars. Teachers encourage you to ask for help and clarification if you need it, which is definitely helpful if you need it.

Downsides are subjective and depends on your current school dynamic (if your school has sixth form). For example, the school is stricter and give less freedom compared to maybe a secondary school sixth form, let's say. You're not allowed to leave the building during break/ lunch until Year 13, and they aren't lenient on behaviour/ punctuality, etc. Also bear in mind that 4 A levels can be a heavy workload at times and you're not allowed to drop until the end of Year 12, so choose carefully and maintain time management. There's also somewhat a level of pressure and competition (not necessarily toxic), which can definitely keep you on your toes and be a good thing to prevent you from slacking, but some may find it overwhelming (and counselling is always full with a waitlist, so if mental health support for you is paramount, it might be good to reflect on this).

Any more questions, feel free to ask!
Reply 4
Original post by Nomawoj
Yep, what would you like to know in particular?
Upsides that I can think of is how you will always be updated on academic and career opportunities, teachers are well qualified (Oxbridge, etc if that appeals to you, though imo qualifications aren't always an accurate indicator of how well someone may teach) and generally enthusiastic, large student body so there's plenty of people to meet, studious environment is really motivating to discourage slacking and so forth. They also provide relative amounts of study support (eg after school lessons and academic coaching if you need it), as well as support for university applications (esp Oxbridge + Med applicants) and extra curriculars. Teachers encourage you to ask for help and clarification if you need it, which is definitely helpful if you need it.
Downsides are subjective and depends on your current school dynamic (if your school has sixth form). For example, the school is stricter and give less freedom compared to maybe a secondary school sixth form, let's say. You're not allowed to leave the building during break/ lunch until Year 13, and they aren't lenient on behaviour/ punctuality, etc. Also bear in mind that 4 A levels can be a heavy workload at times and you're not allowed to drop until the end of Year 12, so choose carefully and maintain time management. There's also somewhat a level of pressure and competition (not necessarily toxic), which can definitely keep you on your toes and be a good thing to prevent you from slacking, but some may find it overwhelming (and counselling is always full with a waitlist, so if mental health support for you is paramount, it might be good to reflect on this).
Any more questions, feel free to ask!

Hi, thank you for replying I am really struggling right now I didn't get a ligament consultation (not sure if is called that) or a conditional offer so I don't think I would be able to go to there taster days in July which i really want to go to. I am going to take some time off from school so that I can revise better and then when I do go back I am going to talk to my head teacher about my GCSES beacuse I am doing foundation in a few things. But I want to know how can I get to go to the taster day and if is good. Beacuse I want to try to make friends with people on that day so that it wouldn't be weird in September. I want to do economics, computer science, biology and chemistry please do drop your advice I am really struggling and this school is my top school since they have a teacher that would help you get into an American university. But otherwise than that:

Why happens if your late do you have detentions?

Like lae Stratford does everyone have to do an after school activity?

What is the dress code like (beacuse on open days they wear there own clothes.)

Does your school do prom and what are the days called when you have dress up days ( I want to plan ahead) for example, 90s day.

How do you sign up for free school meals beacuse I have been on it for years since primary and am not sure I would be able to do it again. So like what are the requirements.

Does your school do sports day beacuse on there tiktok they showcased that they did.

If you do the after-school activities can you tell me how it is.

Thank you for replying 😊 in the frist place

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending