The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews 2016 Postgraduate Students

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by bigfrog
Does anyone know how to upload the photo to produce the student ID card?
I do not know what my user name is.

Your username is your 9-digit Student ID, and your birthdate is your password. The provision to upload your photo (on the left sidebar) is on the link where you applied for/accepted your accomodation thing.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 101
Original post by HCI
I'm Alex, from Exeter in the UK. I did my undergrad at Plymouth. What about you? I've found one other doing an MSc in Computer Science but not HCI.

Hey Alex, I'm Juhi from India. :biggrin: Glad to have met you here. Was your undergrad in a CS discipline or something else?
Reply 102
Original post by Diya94
No, I also applied for single ensuite, self-catered. Seems like everyone but me has heard back :frown:

I also haven't received my accommodation offer yet. I received my acceptance on April 1st even though the soft deadline for accommodation was March 31st, and I submitted my accommodation application around April 5th.
Original post by BlueberryB
Mee :biggrin: !! Hey there :smile:

I'll be doing International Business

Ive been accepted too but can't figure out whether to choose st andrews or warwick for international business :/
Original post by Diya94
No, I also applied for single ensuite, self-catered. Seems like everyone but me has heard back :frown:

I haven't heard back either, is your offer a conditional offer? Mine is, perhaps that is why?
Reply 105
Original post by juuvee
Hey Alex, I'm Juhi from India. :biggrin: Glad to have met you here. Was your undergrad in a CS discipline or something else?

Good to meet you! It was BSc (Hons) Computing so close to computer science :smile:
Original post by mehul22
Ive been accepted too but can't figure out whether to choose st andrews or warwick for international business :/

Warwick is definitely a good choice when it comes to business and management related courses but its just too expensive for me. Have you looked at the course modules and compared the two? That could make it easier to decide (depending on what is important for you)
Warwick is definitely a good choice when it comes to business and management related courses but its just too expensive for me. Have you looked at the course modules and compared the two? That could make it easier to decide (depending on what is important for you)

Yes, I have. Warwick has a good mix of quant and qualititave modules however its a new course which was launched just last year. St andrews I think has only qualitative modules but the course has been around for a while. In terms of reputation, I think, Warwick probably edges it especially in India where Im from as not many people know about st andrews. In terms of finding work in UK after the course, Im not too sure which would be better. Social life wise I think warwick would be better, also its just 1:30 hours from london and I could visit some of my friends in london on the weekends so could experience the london life as well. However it is about 6k more expensive than st andrews which I do not know would be worth it or not.
Did you firm st andrews? Did you apply to other unis for international business too and from where else did you receive offers? Im guessing you're an international student..
Original post by mehul22
Yes, I have. Warwick has a good mix of quant and qualititave modules however its a new course which was launched just last year. St andrews I think has only qualitative modules but the course has been around for a while. In terms of reputation, I think, Warwick probably edges it especially in India where Im from as not many people know about st andrews. In terms of finding work in UK after the course, Im not too sure which would be better. Social life wise I think warwick would be better, also its just 1:30 hours from london and I could visit some of my friends in london on the weekends so could experience the london life as well. However it is about 6k more expensive than st andrews which I do not know would be worth it or not.
Did you firm st andrews? Did you apply to other unis for international business too and from where else did you receive offers? Im guessing you're an international student..

Ohh I see. I'm not sure about the work thing either as I'm not from the UK too. If the "social" aspect of living close to London is very important to you than you should definitely take it into account. If you're going to be misarble in a small town like St.Andrews it might influence your studies. But keep in mind its only a year so you might enjoy living on the countryside :smile:
Yep I firmed St.Andrews and I've applied to a couple of unis for international management or int. business in the UK (Surrey, Edinburgh, Bath, etc.) and I've received offers from all of my choices ( I guess they had to fill their quota for german students haha).
Ohh I see. I'm not sure about the work thing either as I'm not from the UK too. If the "social" aspect of living close to London is very important to you than you should definitely take it into account. If you're going to be misarble in a small town like St.Andrews it might influence your studies. But keep in mind its only a year so you might enjoy living on the countryside :smile:
Yep I firmed St.Andrews and I've applied to a couple of unis for international management or int. business in the UK (Surrey, Edinburgh, Bath, etc.) and I've received offers from all of my choices ( I guess they had to fill their quota for german students haha).

Living close to london is a factor, a small factor though. Not enough to base the decision on. You still qualify as a EU student, though, so I dont think finding work should be that big of a problem. And you must be paying the home fees too. Is there a big difference between the home fees between st andrews and warwick?
Congrats on your offers. Even I applied to surrey and got an offer just recently
but its gotta be between warwick and st andrews.
Do you mind telling how did you make your choice between bath etc and st andrews? Bath is I think top for business subjects currently.
Original post by mehul22
Living close to london is a factor, a small factor though. Not enough to base the decision on. You still qualify as a EU student, though, so I dont think finding work should be that big of a problem. And you must be paying the home fees too. Is there a big difference between the home fees between st andrews and warwick?
Congrats on your offers. Even I applied to surrey and got an offer just recently
but its gotta be between warwick and st andrews.
Do you mind telling how did you make your choice between bath etc and st andrews? Bath is I think top for business subjects currently.

Oh yes there is a big difference :frown: (about 15k GBP I think)
Thanks :smile:! Yep Surrey took the longest time to respond to my application, its very popular I believe.
My offer from Bath was for Int. Management and I did firm it at first. I received my St.Andrews offer 2 days before my deadline for withdrawing my acceptance ended :biggrin: I compared the modules and St.Andrews was a tiny bit more "my thing" compared to Bath (and its one of the few unis which have the MLitt). Even though Bath would be a beautiful place to live St.Andrews and its history was more appealing to me. I've never been to Scotland and I know I would love living near the coast.
Hi, I am a current undergraduate student at the university, and posted earlier about receiving an offer for the MLitt in Ancient History. I will not be accepting my offer and instead go to Oxford. So, this is goodbye. I would like to wish good luck to all those who are waiting to hear back and congratulate all those who got in :smile:.
Original post by stuvetus
Hi, I am a current undergraduate student at the university, and posted earlier about receiving an offer for the MLitt in Ancient History. I will not be accepting my offer and instead go to Oxford. So, this is goodbye. I would like to wish good luck to all those who are waiting to hear back and congratulate all those who got in :smile:.

Ack! You're missing out!
Hi, I am current student at st -andrews and doing Advanced Computer Science, this university is very good and once you are here you can choose any CS subject in the first week including software engineering, Artificial Intelligent, HCI, Networks etc. Highly recommending !!!!!!!

Congratulations on your offer from oxford :smile: !! Good luck to you too !
Original post by Euphiletos
Ack! You're missing out!

I have spent the last four years at St Andrews :tongue:

Congratulations on your offer from oxford :smile: !! Good luck to you too !

Thanks and same to you. :smile:
I have spent the last four years at St Andrews :tongue:

Not doing the MLitt, though. That's when things get interesting.
Not doing the MLitt, though. That's when things get interesting.

Well, I must admit I will miss St Andrews. Oh well...:frown:

Are you a student at St Andrews classics department btw?
Well, I must admit I will miss St Andrews. Oh well...:frown:

Are you a student at St Andrews classics department btw?

Not currently, but I was recently.
Not currently, but I was recently.

ahhh..I see. Well, it was nice talking to you. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending