The Student Room Group

Race for the White House: TSR poll

Poll

Who will be the next US president?

Time for a quick TSR poll: who's going to be the next US president?

Scroll to see replies

(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
It will be between Hillary and Trump, Bernie hasnt a hope.
Reply 3
The Donald.
I wanted Bernie but he has got no chance at this point.

Even though I don't like Hillary I'd prefer her over Trump. Electing Trump would be a fast track ticket to America no longer being a world superpower IMO. No other country respects Trump, he's a laughing stock
Ok honestly how many voted Trump just to see how many other people voted Trump?
Bernie has no chance and is effectively out. I suspect those who voted for him are those thinking the question is 'Who do you want?' as opposed to 'Who do you think?'.

As for who I think, I think it's going to be Clinton (Much as I despise her).
Definitely Hillary Clinton. The Dem primary is obviously still continuing, but Clinton has a big delegate lead, so Sanders would have to get an unrealistic amount of votes in the remaining primaries, and polls show that it won't happen. Sometimes he might pull an unexpected victory - as in Indiana - but there's no way he can get the nomination unless he convinced the superdelegates to switch (despite Clinton having more of the popular vote, so that won't happen).

So it's between Clinton and Trump. Considering Trump has alienated minorities, Muslims, a lot of women and pretty much every American with a college education, he can't win. Clinton isn't exactly a strong candidate (especially compared to Obama), but I think any Dem could easily win against Trump. As the US is diverse and multi-cultural - and thankfully has a lot of college grads - Clinton will win, even if a lot of those threatening 'BernieorBust' stick with their claims.
It'll be Clinton VS Trump, and Clinton'll win.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Clinton will probably win, despite the fact she's as immoral as they come.
I wouldn't be so optimistic about Clinton winning. I think many Sanders voters will just lose hope, give up, and not vote for either - especially when they have been smearing Clinton's campaign for so long. I'd say Trump has a decent chance and it's split 50/50. I would also argue that Trump has more smear arguments he can utilise against Clinton - paid speeches, emails on the private server, her voting record (which is god-awful, by the way).

Either way, both are terrible candidates, shame on the US for electing both.
As much as I hate Hilary, it's going to be her.
Original post by frances98
Ok honestly how many voted Trump just to see how many other people voted Trump?

Me lol
Doesn't matter anyway, presidents have little power as we can see with Obama's problems during his presidency. Hence the GOP is now mockingly referred to as the Great Obstructionist Party

But apart from that Hillary will probably win.
Original post by shooks
Time for a quick TSR poll: who's going to be the next US president?

Donald Trump is an ignorant laughing stock. I don't know why people voted for him,
First of all Donal Duck, cannot block Mexican's because what did they do to him?
Secondly, I'm a Muslim and I don't support ISIS because I think they are dumb as hell. Not all Muslims are terrorists! If you think that then you're basically accusing a Muslim baby of being a terrorist. I hate how his mind works.:colonhash:
(edited 7 years ago)
Likely Clinton. In nominating a divisive figure like Trump, Republicans have made it easy for the Democrats.
I voted Clinton, as much as I prefer Sanders over her, her America is a vision of utopia compared to what Trump would turn it into.
Clinton 100%, there hasn't been a more clear cut US election for quite some time. Polling of a heads up between her and Trump show US voters would overwhelmingly back her. Trump all but has the Republican nomination now that Cruz is gone, and Bernie is effectively out of the contest (given the current polling in the remaining states he needs to win). Oh and as much as many disaffectioned left wing young people on the internet claim they are no way voting Clinton, polling shows that a majority of Sanders supporters are happy to vote for whichever Democratic candidate wins - which is probably more than can be said for supporters of the likes of Kasich (or perhaps even Cruz).
(edited 7 years ago)
Anyone voting for Bernie is just hilarious, he's dead in the water.

It'll be between Trump and Hillary, and Hillary is the evil people are familiar with so she'll win.
Hillary Clinton is less likd by independents, they will all say Clinton would bet better and polls will say she will win but... just like Obama... Trump will win.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending