The Student Room Group

Edexcel a/l AS economics answer structure help

Hi guys. Im having some trouble with answering my questions according to the structure. I know how to answer the multiple choice questions, its just the remaining 4,6,10 & 14 mark questions that I dont know how to answer properly. Would really appreciate it if someone could help me with this and some sample answers for these type of questions be it from AS weco1 or weco2 would help a lot. Thnx!
My teacher taught me that for the 14 mark question, Knowledge Application and Analysis is worth 8 marks, so if you are able to give definitions, apply it to the question and analysis it, if need be, you can give a graph and analyse that. For the evaluation just say why the methods wont work and criticise them. This can be used for the 10 marks also. For the 4&6 marks just use knowledge application and analysis and you should be fine.
Original post by Rabbi_Daniel
My teacher taught me that for the 14 mark question, Knowledge Application and Analysis is worth 8 marks, so if you are able to give definitions, apply it to the question and analysis it, if need be, you can give a graph and analyse that. For the evaluation just say why the methods wont work and criticise them. This can be used for the 10 marks also. For the 4&6 marks just use knowledge application and analysis and you should be fine.

So for the 14 mark quesion, i give the definition/explain the key area in the question and than give 2-3 points for analysis for example in a LRAS question, i give 2-3 examples of lets say how LRAS can be increased, and then apply it to the case study and then give the drawbacks and those stuff as an evaluation right?
Reply 3
For a 14 mark question (in Unit 1 or 2 for Edexcel), it's 8KAA marks and 6 EVAL marks.
This means that you should do 3 points with at least 2 evaluation points.

For a 10 marker, its generally 6KAA and 4 EVAL
Original post by Cloudmc
For a 14 mark question (in Unit 1 or 2 for Edexcel), it's 8KAA marks and 6 EVAL marks.

For a 14 mark question in 6EC02 is 10KAA and 4EV
do you have any sample AS anwsers for essay writing???
Original post by keynes24
For a 14 mark question in 6EC02 is 10KAA and 4EV
Original post by Cloudmc

14 mark question - 1 point for knowledge, 2 points for Analysis and application and 2 points for evaluation right? 😕
Original post by HakunaMatataa
14 mark question - 1 point for knowledge, 2 points for Analysis and application and 2 points for evaluation right? 😕

It depends on the examination board and whether is new or old specification. New spec 6KAA (2 marks each) and 4 marks for evaluations

Quick Reply

Latest