The Student Room Group

Edexcel Drama A2- Romeo and Juliet

I've been asked to find quotes in Romeo and Juliet that indicate time of day and location. Does anyone have any I could use?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Original post by Ladybird4
I've been asked to find quotes in Romeo and Juliet that indicate time of day and location. Does anyone have any I could use?

Hi! I moved this to the Performance Arts forum for you - you're more likely to get an answer here :smile:

A quote I like is

JULIET
Wilt thou be gone? It is not yet near day.It was the nightingale, and not the lark,That pierced the fearful hollow of thine ear.Nightly she sings on yon pomegranate tree.Believe me, love, it was the nightingale.

Juliet is trying to get Romeo to stay longer by pretending it's still nighttime - when the nightingale sings - but actually it is the morning - when the lark sings.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending